Ryan Dull's card

Our innovative Baseball Daily game- players cards change based on their real life performance

Moderators: Juiced JC, Palmtana

• Author

ScumbyJr

Ryan Dull's card

PostThu Apr 21, 2016 10:52 am

Dull gave up a homerun last night yet his card got better and still has no HR chances. He gave up 4 HRs in 17 innings last year. so why is that not even factored into the projections? It's still priced at .75

Salty

Re: Ryan Dull's card

PostThu Apr 21, 2016 1:07 pm

The card prices stay the same throughout-
okay, cool---
BUT the ways the cards are changing or NOT changing dont make much sense and are completely inconsistent.

Am still trying to figure out how guys hitting .300 + have much worse cards than guys batting near the mendoza line.

Wish it were only one card, but its not.

ScumbyJr

PostThu Apr 21, 2016 9:15 pm

Salty wrote:The card prices stay the same throughout-
okay, cool---
BUT the ways the cards are changing or NOT changing dont make much sense and are completely inconsistent.

Am still trying to figure out how guys hitting .300 + have much worse cards than guys batting near the mendoza line.

Wish it were only one card, but its not.

If anyone was expecting Garcia's blog to discuss Baseball Daily -we are out of our minds.

Salty

PostThu Apr 21, 2016 10:43 pm

Think we are being talked at, not to. :x

just don't understand how stuff works here--

hotcorner4444

PostMon Jun 20, 2016 8:19 pm

I am pretty sure that according to SOM, Ryan Dull is the best pitcher in the history of baseball.

THE BEST

On the other hand, Bryce Harper is hitting so badly for me that if he gets to the Mendoza Line I will be thrilled. In fact, if he gets to 3 digits I will be happy.

visick

PostTue Jun 21, 2016 8:51 am

I am pretty sure that according to SOM, Ryan Dull is the best pitcher in the history of baseball.

http://365.strat-o-matic.com/player/91924/9916/1/9916/430020doesn't think so...

hotcorner4444

PostTue Jun 21, 2016 12:54 pm

Yikes...that's a pretty good looking card too. Unavailable in my league though.

What I like (somewhat) about this game is the almost garage-sale-like search for bargains and the occasional discovery of one. What doesn't appeal to me so much is the work it takes to do that.

I have to admit that I enjoy the "eurecka" factor of watching a game on TV and suddenly recognizing the name of a player on my team playing for a team I had no idea he played for...or even who he is or why I drafted him. The only player I actually sought out in my first ever draft, other than a bunch of Cy Young award caliber pitchers was Bryce Harper, who is hitting a cool .165 for me. Go figure.

sousa

PostFri Jul 01, 2016 9:34 am

This is a strange game, but I kind of like it. Yeah, there are problems but the standard online game has gotten far better since I started playing years ago and I expect that the daily game will improve, too. There are glitches, to be sure, and some things to figure out about how the game works even when it's working well, but that seems like part of the fun. (I note that there have always been crazy cards--anybody remember when Pedro Feliz was the greatest power hitter in the deck, a regular #1 draft choice, for less than $2m? Put him in Coors and he'd hit 80 dingers.) The concept--starting with projections, or last year's performance, and slowly updating to reflect real-life performance is really, really cool. I mean, I'm sitting here with Jose Bautista, a great hitter for years, who sucks wind right now and has for half the season now. But he's still Jose Bautista, and while he's hitting 230 he's not yet Logan Morrison. And if he hits 450 next week he's not Ty Cobb. I'm interested in the updating and see all of the problems, but the concept is great--it makes the game interesting and challenging, and makes the game a little more like fantasy, requiring paying attention to what's happening with your team and in real world baseball each day.

The drafting strategy is really complicated, in a good way. I just submitted a team, and found it really hard to choose whether to seek the bargains and to put them at the top of the list (will they look like bargains a month from now?), or to invest large dollars in star players who may be underperforming now but may improve dramatically. I don't want to dismiss anybody's concerns, but just wanted to say that there's good stuff happening here, too. And I wish I'd drafted Dull!

The Biomechanical Man

PostSun Jul 24, 2016 12:05 am

Just jumped into my first Baseball Daily league (starting this coming Monday). I find it interesting that three months after this thread started, Ryan Dull still has a ridiculously awesome card (with only a 4-5 walk against lefties and a 4-3 walk against righties). On the other hand, vicisk's boy Thornburg's card has become mediocre. I did not get Dull, but I did get Liberatore, a $1.50m stud reliever with a 6-2 walk both ways, and a trickle of hits against righties: http://365.strat-o-matic.com/player/927 ... 916/430737

visick

PostMon Jul 25, 2016 8:49 am

Hey Glenn...

Here's the squad I won with,
http://365.strat-o-matic.com/team/1428359

At one point, Thorburg, Dull AND Feliz had similar cards.
Next

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Daily