My opinion,,,what do you think

Our innovative Baseball Daily game- players cards change based on their real life performance

Moderators: Juiced JC, Palmtana

• Author

DGF102052

My opinion,,,what do you think

PostTue Apr 19, 2016 6:44 pm

SOM inconsistency on how cards are updated is making this game frustrating and no fun.
Some cards such as Ryan Dull (little MLB experience) is almost a mirror image of his MLB stats.
Kenta Maeda who has pitched 3 good games still has a card that looks like he a scrub.
Vince Velasquex card shows improvement after his 2 great starts. Where is the logic regarding these cards..
There are veterans who cards are very different from their current performance because the preseason cards were based on some companys preseason predictions. The cards must start somewhere and preseason predictions can be that starting point. But these predictions can be very wrong. So that is why this is called the daily game. Cards should update daily and do so with some logic and consistency. Players have hot streaks and slumps and cards should change accordingly. Some cards change quickly for better or worst but others barely change even though the card doesnt look anything like the actual stats of the player. Jacob Degrom was given time away from the team as his newborn son has serious health problem. Degroms injury rating goes to 4.

Salty

Re: My opinion,,,what do you think

PostTue Apr 19, 2016 10:06 pm

I've said as much within our league.

The updates based on a players performance are completely inconsistent.

The card for Wilson Ramos hitting well over .300 is much worse than the card for Cano even when he was batting .170.
Some players streaks you see right away and others dont move at all.

The injury thing is a huge issue as well-- but thats another thing to tackle.

Hack Wilson

PostTue Apr 19, 2016 10:15 pm

Does anyone know or can speculate on what company was used for the projections? Baseball Prospectus? FanGraphs etc? Any inkling? Would love to know.

ROBERTLATORRE

PostTue Apr 19, 2016 11:49 pm

Hack Wilson wrote:Does anyone know or can speculate on what company was used for the projections? Baseball Prospectus? FanGraphs etc? Any inkling? Would love to know.

My expectation is that they are doing it themselves. Some home grown algorithm or with a lot of subjective input. Not an established service.

Radagast Brown

PostWed Apr 20, 2016 9:24 pm

I have to agree with your take on Kenta Maeda card, his card should be much better.

DGF102052

PostThu Apr 21, 2016 12:44 pm

As I said before.....SOM inconsistency on how cards are updated is making this game frustrating and no fun.

STEVE F

PostFri Jun 17, 2016 3:16 pm

Worst of all, the HAL logic has bled over into the ATG and 20XX games, making for strange pinch hitting and bullpen choices. All for a game that nobody will even remember 2 years from now.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Daily