Wade Davis - Calcs are very wrong.

Our innovative Baseball Daily game- players cards change based on their real life performance

Moderators: Juiced JC, Palmtana

• Author

The_Hook

Wade Davis - Calcs are very wrong.

PostWed Apr 13, 2016 6:25 pm

Guys something is really wrong with the calcs used for Wade Davis. There is no way that is a 5 million relievers card. It is not even close.

From the spreadsheet for 2015 Wade was roughly an 11 OBP vs. L and a 5.5 OBP vs. Righties. Now I don't have the 2014 actual numbers but considering his 0.85 WHIP I am guessing it wasn't far off of those numbers.

So, maybe you project him to stink this year.....okay. But, if that's the case he certainly shouldn't carry a 5 mil plus salary.

Can this be fixed? It appears by the card history that this was badly skewed from the start. I sure don't see how 4 IP of 1.25 whip could make him this bad. There are 0.50 mil relievers that are better right now.

Radagast Brown

Re: Wade Davis - Calcs are very wrong.

PostWed Apr 13, 2016 8:57 pm

Obviously he is a premier closer. I understand what you are saying, I guess they are expecting him to have a great year... With his past stats being good and his salary so high he will probably retain at least a good card even if he is hit hard early... So you might be paying for stability and that C6...

Furthermore, salaries can change in the Daily Game. But once you have drafted they will NOT change for that specific league....So you may see his salary come down in a few weeks for leagues that draft in the future...

ClowntimeIsOver

PostWed Apr 13, 2016 9:48 pm

you're right, Hook -- that daily card is way overpriced based on the usual out-chance metrics, and six DP's on each side (and the lack of doubles and triples) don't make up for it

I think it's a flat-out mistake or typo -- compare it to the only slightly more expensive 2015 200x-style card

note: I'm looking at the initial version of the daily card, which was when the price was set

The Biomechanical Man

PostThu Apr 14, 2016 5:22 pm

It looks to me that the Baseball Daily cards are heavily influenced by the actual performances. That is, Wade Davis' card today is much different than the card on opening day (which was probably almost as good as his 2015 card). Based upon 4 walks in 4 innings pitched so far, Davis' cards look like this (from the bar graphs on the bottom of each card)...

Davis 2015 card:
$5.87 million
OBP vs L - 11%
OBP vs R - 5%

Davis Baseball Daily card (April 14th):
$5.27 million
OBP vs L - 31%
OBP vs R - 16%

The_Hook

PostThu Apr 14, 2016 6:49 pm

Baseball Daily 04/03/16

BB-L = 12.04
1B-L = 14.86
HR-L = 1.48
OB-L = 28.38

BB-R = 3.7
1B-R = 12.92
OB-R = 16.62

Davis Baseball Daily card (April 14th):
$5.27 million
OBP vs L - 31%
OBP vs R - 16%

Given those numbers his card hasn't really changed dramatically. It was simply skewed badly from the start and must be an error in the formulation process. It simply insn't close to being a 5 million card of that there is no doubt.

Seriously guys, I really like this daily game concept, but obvious mistakes like this need a quick response. I am not quibbling over minimal numbers, these are pretty vastly wrong.

Why it bothers me, we have a 2 season keeper league starting in May that we already drafted the players for in March. There needs to be an expectation of consistency to the game.

ClowntimeIsOver

PostThu Apr 14, 2016 8:18 pm

The Biomechanical Man wrote: Wade Davis' card today is much different than the card on opening day (which was probably almost as good as his 2015 card).

as said above, my comments were based on the opening day card

The Biomechanical Man

PostFri Apr 15, 2016 12:07 am

The Biomechanical Man wrote:It looks to me that the Baseball Daily cards are heavily influenced by the actual performances. That is, Wade Davis' card today is much different than the card on opening day (which was probably almost as good as his 2015 card).

I stand corrected, and completely agree with Hook's and Clown's comments. Wade Davis' card in Baseball Daily has been mediocre from Opening Day, not the stud $5m reliever card it should be.

gcripe

PostTue Apr 19, 2016 10:51 am

I echo the sentiment on Davis' card. I own him in my league and he is getting trashed. A 1.84 WHIP with an ERA near 7.00 in 10ip. He's blown three save opps. This is not the Wade Davis I broke the bank for...

ScumbyJr

PostTue Apr 19, 2016 11:31 am

gcripe wrote:I echo the sentiment on Davis' card. I own him in my league and he is getting trashed. A 1.84 WHIP with an ERA near 7.00 in 10ip. He's blown three save opps. This is not the Wade Davis I broke the bank for...

Wade Davis is no Ryan Dull.

Knerrpool

PostTue Apr 19, 2016 4:18 pm

ScumbyJr wrote:
gcripe wrote:I echo the sentiment on Davis' card. I own him in my league and he is getting trashed. A 1.84 WHIP with an ERA near 7.00 in 10ip. He's blown three save opps. This is not the Wade Davis I broke the bank for...

Wade Davis is no Ryan Dull.

That's funny - I was thinking the exact same thing. Dull is leading my league in innings pitched - as a $.75 second-year reliever.
Next

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Daily