Major game flaw...

Our innovative Baseball Daily game- players cards change based on their real life performance

Moderators: Juiced JC, Palmtana

• Author

Salty

Major game flaw...

PostSun Apr 10, 2016 11:09 pm

So...
As I wrote to Som I had a scenario where Colon changed overnight from an RP to an RP/SP--
the consequence was that my entire waiver draft got nullified since I then had too few pure RPs on my roster.

NOW, check this out: Directly from 'the rules':

- We mentioned player ratings may change. This means a player’s fielding, error, running, injury, bunt, hit & run, stealing, throwing, passed ball, endurance, wild pitch, balk, hold, closer, and pitcher hitting ratings may change. All other ratings should stay consistent throughout the season.

Nowhere does it say a PITCHERS rating can change from a pure RP to an SP/RP or the opposite-
it says "ALL OTHER RATING SHOULD STAY CONSISTENT"
PLEASE NOTE-- this is very different from changing a closer to a non closer--

NOW I BRING UP: WHAT WILL HAPPEN MIDSEASON WHEN YOU CANT MAKE ANY ROSTER MOVES BECAUSE YOUR RPS OR SPS SWITCH THEIR STATUS???? YOU MAY SUDDENLY HAVE AN ILLEGAL ROSTER THROUGH MERE BAD LUCK...

Knerrpool

Re: Major game flaw...

PostMon Apr 11, 2016 9:25 am

Good question. I'd like to hear the answer.

Salty

PostMon Apr 11, 2016 10:21 am

SOM says they are looking into this issue, so we will see if there is an answer.

They stated that hitters positions won't change.

Ill post when I get the answer.

dharmabums

PostMon Apr 11, 2016 4:26 pm

So, I have Ryan Vogelsong. We start our league tonight, and even before the league has started Vogelsong has hit three of the possible pitcher categories: SP, SP/RP, RP. And he has only pitched in one MLB game. That game changed him from SP/RP to RP.

http://365.strat-o-matic.com/player/258 ... 916/429718

Like Salt said, SOM says they're working on it. Looks like SOM might actually recognize this as a bug that they can try to fix. :shock:

STEVE F

PostMon Apr 11, 2016 5:55 pm

This reminds me of the Jack in the Box add campaign in the late seventies: "Watch out McDonalds". This was interpreted by the public as "We're catching up". The public response: "We'll wait"

Salty

PostMon Apr 11, 2016 9:40 pm

So the email today was 'they are working on it'--
and of course no offer of a free credit for the hassle, nor a thank you for helping them beta test the issues on my dime.

In all honesty, were this my company Id offer every one of my regular customers one free daily team to get buy in for the game-- and then wouldn't be so much of an issue if something went wrong.

But then again, a lot would be different if it were my company, so...

ROBERTLATORRE

PostMon Apr 11, 2016 10:03 pm

Salty wrote:So the email today was 'they are working on it'--
and of course no offer of a free credit for the hassle, nor a thank you for helping them beta test the issues on my dime.

In all honesty, were this my company Id offer every one of my regular customers one free daily team to get buy in for the game-- and then wouldn't be so much of an issue if something went wrong.

But then again, a lot would be different if it were my company, so...

Right now Glen Head has more things to look at with the PC game version based on the threads in SFF. As played lineups, rainouts, and so on. The online game is could be a lower priority right now.

the ghost of roger maris

PostMon Apr 11, 2016 10:34 pm

what happen to Schwarber card? He s done for the year..he batted a few times does it average out a bit? a lot? does it dwindle to nothing?
vivan Correcaminos! Andale! Andale!

Salty

PostMon Apr 11, 2016 10:54 pm

ROBERTLATORRE wrote:Right now Glen Head has more things to look at with the PC game version based on the threads in SFF. As played lineups, rainouts, and so on. The online game is could be a lower priority right now.

Robert- you are likely correct-- agreed.

But see here's the crux of it-- with a small company when something gets messed up and you are asking for everyone to be cool with you while there are issues, you then have to show your customers that you really really appreciate the fact that they do that. I'm more than willing to chill on incidents BUT,
It can't be a one-way street where you ask for patience from customers but don't give back in kind.

Radagast Brown

PostTue Apr 12, 2016 2:53 am

My understand is, Kyle Schwarber's card will stay as is right now for the rest of the season. His injury rating will probably go up. I could be wrong...

I think a free credit to try the Daily Game or at least a half price sale is a good idea and not just because I would take advantage...

When TSN owned the on-line game they gave away a BUNCH OF FREE credits to get people into the 1986 season cards. It was a free for all emphasis on FREE, and I would bet their business did not suffer soon after the give away ended, in fact I think a lot of people got hooked.

I think this new game is going to be the best baseball simulation game ever. MLB teams would be fools not to use it.
I already know I could do a better job putting together a roster than many who have made those decisions professionally over the years... I also expect the Daily Game to help my season long and daily fantasy baseball game.
Next

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Daily