Why is Mike Trout still an INJ 1?

Our innovative Baseball Daily game- players cards change based on their real life performance

Moderators: Juiced JC, Palmtana

• Author

dcmt

Re: Why is Mike Trout still an INJ 1?

PostWed May 08, 2024 6:23 pm

This is why I won’t enter the Daily tournament this year. Just embarrassingly pathetic on strat’s part.

Palmtana

PostThu May 09, 2024 4:19 am

I've sent a request to SOM to look into this issue. You can always do the same: 365support@strat-o-matic.com

dcmt

PostThu May 09, 2024 9:27 am

Palmtana wrote:I've sent a request to SOM to look into this issue. You can always do the same: 365support@strat-o-matic.com

Yep, I already did. I welcome their explanation.

Palmtana

PostFri May 10, 2024 12:49 pm

I heard back from SOM on this:

About Trout:
This is a rather annoying limitation of daily card generation.
Because injuries can only fall on specific rolls, in rare cases an injured player's card is generated in such a way that does not allow for an injured player to have legal injury rolls.

In Trout's case, we've gone and forced him to be a 6 injury rating internally, so as far as the game engine playing games is concerned, he should function properly.
However, in terms of display on site: The cards and 365's displayed injury rating (which is based off the cards) will unfortunately not properly reflect this change.

Palmtana

PostFri May 10, 2024 1:54 pm

More info from Som:

We have internally changed Mike Trout to a max injury rating in the database. Because Daily cards are created automatically sometimes an injury rating cannot be placed on the card based on its construction. This is what is happening in the case of Trout. Unfortunately, there is no manual override for daily cards to edit his card readings.

This is taken from the 365 Baseball Daily FAQ page regarding examples of player injuries not appearing...

Q: One of my players has an injury on one side of the card but not the other!

A: Although this doesn't happen with regular card sets, these cards need to be computed daily without any manual intervention. That means that you may see oddities such as this one where the computer program ran into an error and was not able to place a certain reading such as an injury. As a new card is created every day, you may see an injury rating missing for one day but go right back on the next.

dcmt

PostSat May 11, 2024 11:14 am

Thanks Palmtana...I got the same basic response. So far he's made it through 21 games uninjured in my league. I'll keep paying attention. But his card isn't that great and now he's a 5 in center field...so probably not worth the $9M even if he couldn't be injured.
Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Daily