Tournament start up activities over the next few days

the official tournament of the Mystery Card player sets

Moderators: Juiced JC, jaywalker72, Palmtana

• Author

Juiced JC

Tournament start up activities over the next few days

PostSun Jan 08, 2023 12:12 am

Hi everyone, thanks again for joining the annual Mystery Card Players Tournament! Here are some of the key activities taking place over the next few days as we get started with the tournament:

1.At 11:59 PM ET on Sunday night (January 8th) we will close the signups and not accept any more entries. I will however open up a thread at that time for a "waiting list" for any late entries - we will try to accommodate them as best we can, depending on the numbers, especially if we are trying to fill our last league to get to a number divisible by 12 (this looks likely at this point). I will also start building a list of "fillers" in case we don't end up with a number of participants that is a divisible of 12.

2.At (or shortly after) 12:00 AM ET on Sunday night / Monday morning (January 9th at that point) I will use a randomizer website to generate a random order for all tournament participants. This will be used to assign participants to the 60’s leagues, for example, numbers 1-12 will form League 1, numbers 13-24 will form League 2, and so on. I will post this random list (with a timestamp for transparency) to the discussion forum right after it runs. Within 15 minutes (say by 12:15 AM ET on Sunday night), I will re-post the random list with the participants clearly broken into leagues, with ONE closer assigned to each league (note - the closer role is a little different than it was in past years). You will need this final post to know exactly which league you are in, because there could be some decisions I make based on the numbers. For example, if we are 6 participants away from a number divisible by 12, I may assign only 10 teams to League 13, League 14 and League 15 so that we are spreading the “filler” teams across multiple leagues a little.

3.By 1:00 AM ET on Monday morning (January 9th), I will create all the 60's leagues and send out all of the invitations to the leagues based on the league assignments. This invitation is using the built in functionality provided by Strat Baseball 365. These invites get sent to the email address that Strat Baseball 365 has in their database for you. Do not create your own league - it will be deleted if you do. Wait for me to create it and invite you.

4.By 1:30 AM ET on Monday morning (January 9th), I will create a Discussion Forum thread for the 60’s Leagues, where owners can post league specific messages. Unlike previous years, there will only be one of these threads for ALL of the leagues. With the invitation functionality the purpose of having a thread for every league is very much diminished. It seems to have just created extra work for me and created extra clutter on the Discussion Forum. This new single thread is where the league invitation codes for all leagues will be shared. For this we are using a bit of an honour system in that we are sharing the codes "publicly". If you are not part of the tournament do not join a league. If you are part of the tournament make sure you join the correct league. If anyone joins the wrong league they will be removed from the league they joined incorrectly. I ask that each participant posts a message on this league forum to indicate that they got their assignment, got the league invite code, and can indicate when they will join the league IF they cannot join their assigned league within the first 24 hours. It’s important that you do this check in so that the closers and I know you are going to be joining before the deadline. Otherwise, we might start looking to replace you if we think you aren’t joining.

5. By 2:00 AM ET on Monday morning (January 9th), I will email all of the participants who have provided their email address to me. This was new this year - send me a private message with your email address if you'd like to receive your league assignments by email every round this year.

6.Unlike years past you will NOT be receiving a private message from me on the Discussion Forum site with the invite code for your assigned league right away. Invitations will be sent via the main 365 site and invitation codes will be posted on the single thread league forum. As the week goes on and we are trying to track down participants we have not heard from we will then make use of the private messages, probably after 48 hours of league assignments with no word from a participant.

7.From Monday January 9th to end of day Sunday January 15th, all participants must join their assigned 60’s league and set themselves as "Ready for Draft". Closers can join but must NOT set themselves as "Ready for Draft" until all of the correct 12 teams have joined their league. Once all 12 correct teams are in the league and everyone is set as "Ready for Draft" the leagues can draft at any time. If leagues fill and draft quickly, it just means there will be a longer post-waivers pre-season period for those teams than the other leagues because ALL 60's leagues will have an opening day of Monday January 23rd.

8.On Monday January 23rd, this process starts all over again as the opening day of the 70’s is just 2 weeks later on Monday February 6th. Just so you know, the league assignments for the 60’s have no bearing on the league assignments for the 70’s. The list is randomly generated again, so you are playing with a whole new group of people each decade, but there obviously is still the possibility one or two owners get randomly assigned to both your leagues.

Reminder that you can find the tournament web page (with standings, etc) here:
https://365.strat-o-matic.com/tournament/46

If you have any questions at all, please let me know.

Juiced JC

canefan9

Re: Tournament start up activities over the next few days

PostMon Jan 09, 2023 8:22 am

Jay, first time trying this. Of the five cards listed for each player, do you get to choose which card year you want, is it randomly assigned or is the card provided the average stats of all five cards?

jaywalker72

PostMon Jan 09, 2023 10:54 am

Hey canefan9! Welcome to mystery league - you'll love it!

You are in my group, so wanted to offer help to get you acclimated. Feel free to DM me in our league as well as in these forums.

Here is a helpful intro to the format: https://stratomatic365.fandom.com/wiki/ ... ard_format

Jason (jaywalker72)

canefan9

PostMon Jan 09, 2023 7:09 pm

Thanks Jay, that link really helped

jaywalker72

PostMon Jan 09, 2023 7:14 pm

No problem, check out the thread that Franky started, too!

jsanders3rd

PostTue Jan 10, 2023 3:03 pm

Juiced,

Appreciate how well you communicate what's happening. Thank you for all you do running the tourney!

mjsm01

PostWed Jan 11, 2023 10:53 pm

92% (133 of 144) entered already. Just 11 owners still need to join.

mjsm01

PostWed Jan 11, 2023 11:00 pm

League #1 is waiting for pdixon0101.

3 others (including Closer) still need to set as Ready for Draft!

Juiced JC

PostThu Jan 12, 2023 12:14 am

mjsm01 wrote:92% (133 of 144) entered already. Just 11 owners still need to join.

Amazing! Thanks everyone, we're getting there!

Match

PostThu Jan 12, 2023 12:49 am

Where can. Find my league? Team is ready
Next

Return to --- Mystery Tournament