Mystery Tournament Crazy Situation

the official tournament of the Mystery Card player sets

Moderators: Juiced JC, jaywalker72, Palmtana

• Author

ed1447

Mystery Tournament Crazy Situation

PostSat Jul 30, 2022 12:45 pm

So, after accumulation of points for six full seasons and five rounds of playoffs, I am playing Takanahana in the 1st round of the semi-finals playoffs. Whether Takanahana moves on and makes it to the finals' round will depend on whether or not he beats my team in this playoff round. The incredible thing about this situation is that Takanana and I are brothers! What are the chances that we would end up playing each other in a five-game semi-final playoff series with entry into the finals round on the line?

The ethical question is: Do I play to win even though I don'i need the points and it may prevent Takanahana from making the finals or do I adjust my team negatively to give him a competitive advantage? Of course, both Takanahana and I completely agree that the integrity of this great simulated game (and in fairness to hallerose and Dan Gorman) depends on me putting my best team out there every game which I will do.

But really ... what are the chances that this would happen???? Crazy.

jaywalker72

Re: Mystery Tournament Crazy Situation

PostSat Jul 30, 2022 11:47 pm

Congrats to you both - that’s awesome! And also for making the right call on not laying down.

jmdziuban2

Re: Mystery Tournament Crazy Situation

PostTue Aug 02, 2022 1:37 am

Agree with jaywalker, now I'll check to see who's winning.

Return to --- Mystery Tournament