Where we stand as of Sunday January 16th

the official tournament of the Mystery Card player sets

Moderators: Juiced JC, jaywalker72, Palmtana

• Author

Juiced JC

Where we stand as of Sunday January 16th

PostWed Jan 12, 2022 10:54 am

Here is a summary of where we stand as of today. We have 168 participants signed up - same number as last year. That gives us 14 leagues of 12. We are not taking any more sign ups at this point, but there is now a waiting list in case a spot or two open up from people not joining their 60's league on time. Remember, I have given people until the end of the day on Sunday January 16th to join their 60's league, so let's not start shaking these people down just yet. However, I would like these people to "check in" to let us know they got their league assignment and will be joining sometime later in the week.

Here is a summary of each of the 14 leagues as of today:

60's League 1 - League full and DRAFTED
60's League 2 - League full and DRAFTED
60's League 3 - League full and DRAFTED
60's League 4 - League full and DRAFTED
60's League 5 - League full and DRAFTED
60's League 6 - League full and DRAFTED
60's League 7 - League full and DRAFTED
60's League 8 - League full and DRAFTED
60's League 9 - League full and DRAFTED
60's League 10 - League full and DRAFTED
60's League 11 - League full and DRAFTED
60's League 12 - League full and DRAFTED
60's League 13 - League full and DRAFTED
60's League 14 - League full and DRAFTED

Again, these people listed above are NOT late joining - they have until end of day Sunday to join their league. But this just gives us a consolidated list of who has not yet joined their league. Also, we are asking that these people check in and indicate that they have received their league assignment and that they will in fact be joining their league later in the week. Some of the people above have already done this.

Juiced JC

Juiced JC

Re: Where we stand as of Thursday January 13th

PostWed Jan 12, 2022 11:48 am

One other thing - I tried to move to a model whereby people get their league assignment from the Discussion Forum posts. I was hoping that posting league assignments and invitation codes there PLUS the invitation emails being sent from the leagues on the main 365 site would be enough to get people their league assignments. Unfortunately not everyone gets these invitation emails (I can't control this) and some people are expecting to receive a private message as I've done in years past. I think later today I will send a PM to everyone who has not yet joined to ensure that they received their leagues assignment. In subsequent rounds, I think I will also send out private messages to those not yet joined on the Wednesday after league assignments in case folks haven't received the message.

Having said that, it is important that EVERY tournament participant gets used to checking the Discussion Forum for assignments, potential changes to assignments, and other important tournament news.

Thanks,
Juiced JC

Radagast Brown

PostWed Jan 12, 2022 2:19 pm

Thanks JC. I don't know how you do it. I would go crazy waiting for these one or two people who are holding up each of their leagues. It's inconsiderate to others. Especially when this is the very first round, and you have been explicit about the dates.

Juiced JC

PostWed Jan 12, 2022 3:45 pm

Radagast Brown wrote:Thanks JC. I don't know how you do it. I would go crazy waiting for these one or two people who are holding up each of their leagues. It's inconsiderate to others. Especially when this is the very first round, and you have been explicit about the dates.

As a player I get frustrated when it takes a long time for a league to close too, just like everybody else. But I want everyone to be patient for these two strong reasons:
1. I gave everyone until end of day Sunday to load their team, and it is only Wednesday. No one has been inconsiderate at this point - they are well within the guidelines I've set out to not have loaded their team yet. Having said that, I am asking that these players let us know that they have gotten their league assignments and will be joining their league later this week.
2. Opening day is January 24th, so if your league drafts today and your waivers run Friday you have to wait 10 more days to opening day. So either way you are waiting, on one side of your draft or the other.

I've built time into the schedule to make sure we can deal with the unexpected. The price we pay for that is our need to be patient.

All things considered we are in great shape - we got the numbers up to 14 leagues and a much higher percentage of teams got their teams in within the first 3 days than I expected. We're off to a great start this year!

Juiced JC

Juiced JC

PostThu Jan 13, 2022 3:15 pm

I'm keeping the first post in this thread up to date with our current status. We're in good shape - there only 8 of 168 that haven't joined their league yet. Some have indicated they'll get in on the weekend - remember, they have until end of day Sunday to get in. We all need to be patient here. If anyone isn't in by Monday we can look into replacements (there's a waiting list) or fillers if we have to. But for now we have to be patient.

One reminder - you can use the internal league messaging even before your league drafts now. This is useful if you want to remind someone to set their team as "Ready for draft".

Radagast Brown

PostThu Jan 13, 2022 3:34 pm

Edit: Best of luck, I am out.
Last edited by Radagast Brown on Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

paul8210

PostThu Jan 13, 2022 5:28 pm

Radagast Brown wrote:
And it's a huge disadvantage if you aren't around when waivers clear.

Then uncheck the checkbox and check it only on the day that triggers the future event that you will be around for (waivers clear) :D
Last edited by paul8210 on Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Radagast Brown

Re: Where we stand as of Friday January 14th

PostThu Jan 13, 2022 5:39 pm

Paul, thats a great idea, however I don't want others to do the same. Though technically fair it seems inconsiderate.

Juiced JC

Re: Where we stand as of Friday January 14th

PostFri Jan 14, 2022 10:20 am

At this point, we just need 7 people to join. I have heard from ajl120387, mburatti76, EnricoPalazzo and sphilipp8. They will all be getting their teams in before the deadline. The only ones we have heard nothing from (as far as I know) is gcripe, kurt1431 and bigdinkent. If you have a way of getting in touch with any of those 3 folks please do - they have 3 more days to get their team in or they could lose their spot in the tournament.

dcmt

Re: Where we stand as of Sunday January 16th

PostFri Jan 14, 2022 12:44 pm

I’m in a league with gcripe. I messaged him.
Next

Return to --- Mystery Tournament