Activities over the next few days

the official tournament of the Mystery Card player sets

Moderators: Juiced JC, jaywalker72, Palmtana

• Author

Juiced JC

Activities over the next few days

PostSun Jan 09, 2022 12:49 pm

Hi folks, here are some of the key activities taking place over the next few days as we get started with the tournament:

1.At 11:59 PM ET on Sunday night (tonight, January 9th) we will close the signups and not accept any more entries. I will however open up a thread at that time for a "waiting list" for any late entries - we will try accommodate them as best we can, depending on the numbers, especially if we are trying to fill our last league league to get to a number divisible by 12. I will also start building a list of "fillers" in case we don't end up with a number of participants that is a divisible of 12.

2.At (or shortly after) 12:00 AM ET on Sunday night / Monday morning (January 10th at that point) I will use a randomizer website to generate a random order for all tournament participants. This will be used to assign participants to the 60’s leagues, for example, numbers 1-12 will form League 1, numbers 13-24 will form League 2, and so on. I will post this random list (with a timestamp for transparency) to the discussion forum right after it runs. Within 15 minutes (say by 12:15 AM ET on Sunday night), I will re-post the random list with the participants clearly broken into leagues, with ONE closer assigned to each league (note - the closer role is a little different this year). You will need this final post to know exactly which league you are in, because there could be some decisions I make based on the numbers. For example, if we are 6 participants away from a number divisible by 12, I may assign only 10 teams to League 13, League 14 and League 15 so that we are spreading the “filler” teams across multiple leagues a little.

3.By 1:30 AM ET on Monday morning (January 10th), I will create all the 60's leagues and send out all of the invitations to the leagues based on the league assignments. These invites get sent to the email address that strat 365 has in their database for you. Do not create your own league - it will be deleted if you do. Wait for me to create it and invite you.

4.By 2:00 AM ET on Monday morning (January 10th), I will create a Discussion Forum thread for each of the 60’s Leagues, where owners can post league specific messages. This is also where the league invitation codes will be shared. This is different than last year - we are using a bit of an honour system this time. If you are not part of the tournament do not join a league. If you are part of the tournament make sure you join the correct league. If anyone joins the wrong league they will be removed from the league they joined incorrectly. I ask that each participant posts a message on this league forum to indicate that they got their assignment, got the league invite code, and can indicate when they will join the league. It’s important that you do this check in so that the closers and I know you are going to be joining before the deadline. Otherwise, we might start looking to replace you if we think you aren’t joining.

5.Unlike last year you will NOT be receiving a private message from me on the Discussion Forum site with the invite code for your assigned league. Invitations will be sent via the main 365 site and invitation codes will be posted on the individual league forums. As the week goes on and we are trying to track down participants we have not heard from we will then make use of the private messages.

6.From Monday January 10th to end of day Sunday January 16th, all participants must join their assigned 60’s league and set themselves as "Ready for Draft". Closers can join but must NOT set themselves as "Ready for Draft" until all of the correct 12 teams have joined their league. Once all 12 correct teams are in the league and everyone is set as "Ready for Draft" the leagues can draft at any time. If leagues fill and draft quickly, it just means there will be a longer post-waivers pre-season period for those teams than the other leagues because ALL 60's leagues will have an opening day of Monday January 24th.

7.On Monday January 24th, this process starts all over again as the opening day of the 70’s is just 2 weeks later on Monday February 7th. Just so you know, the league assignments for the 60’s have no bearing on the league assignments for the 70’s. The list is randomly generated again, so you are playing with a whole new group of people each decade, but there obviously is still the possibility one or two owners get randomly assigned to both your leagues.

If you have any questions at all, please let me know.

Juiced JC

Return to --- Mystery Tournament