2021 Mystery Tournament - Final 12 Voting

the official tournament of the Mystery Card player sets

Moderators: Juiced JC, jaywalker72, Palmtana

• Author

mastermosser56

Re: 2021 Mystery Tournament - Final 12 Voting

PostSat Aug 07, 2021 9:37 am

what a crock man, so if we voted autodraft, draft order means nothing....

and the top spots all got rewards, its called making it this far

thanks for eliminating the players who pick 7,8,9,10 because the stats on live drafts regardless of set is pretty telling on this

someone make this league so we can just get this done with, pick a date/time, when the complaints start, then just move it.

Rigged Splits

PostSat Aug 07, 2021 11:27 am

Where can I find these stats for live drafts in mystery sets. I remember last year I drafted third and didn't make the playoffs so it wasn't rigged for me.

This is from a post by Hallerose for the 2017 Mystery Finals.---"Live" Draft (on the message boards) or Autodraft? If live, the drafting order would be based on the final overall standings with #1 in points getting the #1 pick, etc. and then snaking around for subsequent rounds (i.e., round 2 is 12, 11, 10, etc). We probably would aim for 10-12 rounds for the "live" draft (probably between 1-2 weeks), and then everyone fills out the rest of their draft cards with players not taken in the live draft. The message board draft has worked well in the past".

Like Juiced said it has always been that way as far as I can remember. I posted earlier that we started the live draft last year before the league was finalized because the live draft order goes 1-12 12-1. We couldn't have started otherwise.

If no one makes the league by late this afternoon I'll give it a shot (I can't guarantee that I'm smart enough or my wife won't be working on the computer) and make the draft for Tuesday at 7:00 PM central and we'll see who can't make it and change if necessary. Most people have said evenings are okay. A couple haven't noted preferences. I don't know if 8:00 central would be better for west coasters or if there are any. I'll agree with mastermosser on getting moving.

mastermosser56

PostSat Aug 07, 2021 11:27 am

Invite code: DQSBC

hey mid week is fine with me, but i made it friday 830pm ET

after it fills, we can settle on time/date and I will email strat to "fix" the draft order

as far as the stats, i have been searching......I have been around since sporting news days, and trying to recall one of the many live drafts I have done where we got into a deeeeeep discussion on this, links flying everywhere.....one was with these stats.

% of championships won from each live draft spot for each set (at the time). i honestly can't remember where, how, who or anything......just remember the discussion and seeing those stats. I was stunned myself

i recall the mystery numbers being a little more random (not as much data), the ATG were ridiculous (and tons of data) and 20xx sets were fairly incomplete for lack of data. draft positions 1,2,3 had 5x/6x better chance to win than 7,8,9,10. In mystery the numbers were a little more dispersed, but still saw clear advantages to top 4 spots and a little advantage for the 12th spot.....even in mystery. top 3 spots all were 10%-18% to win, while 7,8,9,10 (up to that point) were all under 3% (I even remember seeing 8,9 under 1% for each of the mystery sets).

again, trying do this all from recall, I wish i knew where it was posted (or if it still exists)
Last edited by mastermosser56 on Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

hallerose

PostSat Aug 07, 2021 11:41 am

Joined. Friday evening next week works for me. My evenings with conflicts next week are Mon and Thurs.

hallerose

PostSat Aug 07, 2021 11:44 am

It's a lot more variable for mystery cards. I've had the No. 1 pick for live draft finals twice. Both times 80s sets. Both times picked Robin Yount. Both times pulled his worst card. Both times missed playoffs.

JimmyJames209

PostSat Aug 07, 2021 11:51 am

Blown away!

Thanks for messing up a good thing for 100’s of us, Mosser. Juiced you are the Best dang commissioner out there! Mosser, Are you going to donate your time so you can be attacked like you did?

Juiced is a hell of a lot nicer than me. If I was Juiced, Moody would have already have taken your place by now.

I hope you reconsider after some time off Juiced, 1 of you over 100 bullies!

Almost sickened enough to give Moody my spot, just not to play with you after these rants. No wonder Strat keeps having to put up bullying posts.

Like I said blown away.

Juiced JC

PostSat Aug 07, 2021 12:30 pm

Thanks for your support JimmyJames - I was most offended at the private messages I received more than the public ones.

I was going to create the finals league and sent private invites and then leave, and then send them the draft order once all 12 teams were in - I was already in touch with strat support about the best process. In any case it looks like you guys are going to organize this now without me. Good luck everyone.

JimmyJames209

PostSat Aug 07, 2021 1:39 pm

I haven't joined the bully’s league. I am waiting for you to get it together.

How does the bully get to set it up?

And I am going to write to Strat. He should be out! Total Garbage! He has played hundreds of leagues.... should know better. The company needs to weed out the predators. Insane .... like I said this is why we need the banners... exactly because of stuff like this.

franky35

PostSat Aug 07, 2021 4:41 pm

I agree completely with JuicedJC and JimmyJames. Regarding seeding in the draft, it has been the finals tradition including the previous finals draft that mastermoser participated in. Also, in most sports tournaments the best player or team leading up to the finals earns an advantage like home field, seeded playoffs, an off-week, pole position, lane position, etc. Another reason for a seeded live draft is that it motivates the top ranked players to keep competing through the semi-finals. I don't think a seeded draft is that important for the 60s but first place is a big advantage in the 00s and especially for under-priced Yount in the 80s. For our draft, SOM will have to be contacted to set draft order.

I sent a league message to jugslavin in the league we just finished. So, hopefully we'll get a response.

hallerose

PostSat Aug 07, 2021 4:44 pm

We are up to 6 teams joined, and nobody has yet to object to proposed time.
PreviousNext

Return to --- Mystery Tournament