3) All DH except 60s
4) Unique stadiums
5) Repeat stadiums
6) Random divisions
7) live draft (either on boards or SOM)

franky35

Re: 2021 Mystery Tournament - Final 12 Voting

PostFri Jul 30, 2021 12:07 pm

updated Unofficial partial vote totals (9 votes in)
So far the voting looks like
1) 60s (9pts), 70s (6), 80s (6), 90s (2), 00s (4)
2) 80 mil wins 9-0
3) a little complicated but 7 for no DH in 60s, and the other decades leaning strongly DH
4) 4 unique / 5 not unique
5) 8-1 allowing repeat stadiums
6) 7 random / 2 seeded
7) 4 live / 5 autodraft

FAaron has yet to vote. If gritch defeats mburatti in tonight's Game 7 then the last two finals qualifiers are pushpin and Moodymets. If mburatti wins tonight's Game 7, then we need to wait til the semi-finals World Series are played out.

JimmyJames209

PostSun Aug 01, 2021 8:41 pm

Hey guys,

First I want to say, I can’t believe I am still here with you guys. Respect you guys so much, everyone a great player.

You guys probably don’t know but I host a show about Strat-O-Matic. Started as a podcast, but got picked up about 2 months ago as a national radio show.

I would like to change my vote to “Live draft”

I had the idea, that if we go live that I would have the radio show stream the event... YouTube, Twitch, Facebook Live.

You guys wouldn’t need to do anything different, just draft like normal!

All would be handled on my side. I would stream my screen, my video, and video of probably 2 more moderators.... so I don’t delay draft with slow picks. I was just on phone with tech guy to make sure it would work.

Only difference at all is world will know picks as they happen instead of me telling them in the next radio show.

So I would rather Live draft, but also wanted you guys to know my motivation.

Thanks guys, and good luck to everyone!

JimmyJames

Juiced JC

PostMon Aug 02, 2021 12:04 am

While what JimmyJames is proposing would be very cool, I want to clarify something for those of you that may be confused. I think some of you are thinking "live draft" means a true "fast" live draft (say like a typical fantasy league draft) whereas others may be thinking "live draft" just means using the live draft feature with a slow pick clock or no pick clock so it would be slow like a Discussion Forum draft over a period of many days. Obviously JimmyJames would only be able to do a live stream event if we were doing what I call a "fast" live draft. However, this type of draft would require everyone to agree to a day and time for the draft. I do want to say I think this would be great - it would get my vote (even though I don't get one) - but it would require some planning and unanimous agreement on details.

I think what we'll do is IF "live draft" wins, we'll then have to vote/agree on "pick length".

In any case, check out JimmuJames weekly podcast/radio show - he's doing a great job with it! He interviewed "Strat‑O‑Matic Fanatics" author Glenn Guzzo last week.

One more thing - as commissioner I am going to have to approve / reject changes to votes. I don't see an issue with people changing their vote on draft type, but a change in decade set to be used based on the way the vote is going is something I would likely have to deny. Commissioner's decision on these - it's one of the reason I am hanging around until the bitter end.

Juiced JC

FAaron

PostMon Aug 02, 2021 7:04 am

1 - 70s / 60s
2 - $80 million
3 - DH both
4 - Unique
5 - No Repeat
6 - Seeded
7 - Full Live

Juiced JC

PostMon Aug 02, 2021 9:21 am

Updated voting results:

1) 60s (10pts), 70s (8), 80s (6), 90s (2), 00s (4)
2) 80 mil wins 10-0
3) majority have no DH in 60s, and the other decades have yes DH
4) 5 unique / 5 not unique
5) 8-2 allowing repeat stadiums
6) 7 random / 3 seeded
7) 6 live / 4 autodraft

mastermosser56

PostMon Aug 02, 2021 10:05 am

I have a job, will not be playing if it is a live draft that is not done in 90 minutes.

period

franky35

PostMon Aug 02, 2021 11:57 am

I have a job, will not be playing if it is a live draft that is not done in 90 minutes.

Please look under the "Community" tab and check out "Mock Live Drafts."

I think it is very unlikely that all 12 of us can find a time where we are all available. In the past, the finals have usually used a message board draft. This year, if live draft is voted for, we can use the SOM live draft feature. If we use the live draft, we will probably have a pick time of, let's say 2 hours per pick, and the draft clock can be automatically turned off at night. If you happen to be on-line, you can make a live pick. If you are not on-line, you can set up draft queues. If a player does not have any queues set up and if the 2 hour clock expires, then the computer will make a pick to keep the draft moving. The queue feature should keep the draft moving quickly and is similar to (but better than) an autodraft. The live draft has 3 queues that can be set up to pick the player(s) that you want - for example, in Queue 1 you can put 1. P Martinez, 2. G. Maddux, 3. R Clemons, Queue 2 1. Griffey Jr, 2. B Williams, 3. B Giles and when your turn comes up the computer will select the highest ranked available player from Queue 1, and when your turn comes up again the computer will pick the highest ranked available player from Queue 2.

mastermosser56

PostMon Aug 02, 2021 2:03 pm

I reiterate, i will not be participating with "2 hour picks" and a draft that takes 5 days. I don't care how much "setting" up has to be done.....that is just way too time consuming on so many ends franky

i have a 60s and 70s team draft cards set and ready to go. I am not wasting time pre setting draft crap, then 5 to 7 days of waiting on people to make picks, then post draft

EVERY league this tourney has been draft card auto draft.....I was pissed a few years ago when I made the finals for this tournament and had to suffer that live draft crap only because a few players know and have the time to assemble proper teams

we auto-drafted EVERY team, why does everyone want to move to a format that clearly one or two want since they have the time to pre set draft crap, wait around 2 hours per pick and do the post draft stuff.

and if strat doesn't pay out my prizes for the 2020 players championship for finishing 2nd, im not in this league at all
PreviousNext

Return to --- Mystery Tournament