2021 Mystery Tournament - Final 12 Voting

the official tournament of the Mystery Card player sets

Moderators: Juiced JC, jaywalker72, Palmtana

• Author

FAaron

Re: 2021 Mystery Tournament - Final 12 Voting

PostSun Aug 08, 2021 5:37 pm

That works for me too. The 15th will be a tough day for me since we are unveiling my Mom's gravestone in the morning. It will actually be good to do something like Strat in the evening, even if it starts at 9:30 PM ET

Jimmy_C

PostSun Aug 08, 2021 7:12 pm

Any time any way. I don’t really care.
All the fun got sucked out of this after John got disrespected and won’t run the tournament next time.
He’s a class act and didn’t deserve that.

mastermosser56

PostMon Aug 09, 2021 9:18 am

well when the Comish throws a temper tantrum like a 2 year old and takes his ball and goes home because HE was allowing the rules to be broken, and got called out for it......I think that is just perfect for this crowd of babies and brats.

"fun" went out the window when the person who had the most points insisted in making sure we live drafted so he could get his first pick....and would not stop insisting, even AFTER my explosion. When the Comish ALSO got into that game posting why we should live draft, THEN someone was allowed to switched votes, I called them out for the complete shadiness it was.

if you do not like how I called them out, tough. Rules were broken, Comish allowed it and joined in, now he is gone. I see a perfect story here. For a decade at least, the few who run these tournaments have been catering to the VOCAL FEW strat brats, and I am tired of it.

Be honest, how many knew rankings would matter when you voted for this live draft crap? By choosing 60s and NOT all having equal chances for ALL players, half of us will be eliminated before our first pick

FAaron

PostMon Aug 09, 2021 10:14 am

I voted for 60s and 70s because I happen to like those card sets the best

I voted for Live Draft since it seems more equitable because I've seen people in autodraft leagues lose before the first pitch because the draft engine royally screwed them, not getting any of their top picks

When I made my picks on the championship, I did not take into account how standings would affect things. However, I do think that basing draft order on rank coming into the championship makes sense since it rewards the people who did the best in the first 5 leagues, like getting home field advantage in the playoffs. Yes, I did rank third, but I'd feel the same way if I finished 12th.

I think we should stop with the finger pointing and arguing and just enjoy a great championship. We've all earned our spots in the finals. I have a very busy life with a lot of BS to put up with, and play Strat for fun, not to get into more arguing and BS. So for the sake of everyone, can we stop this arguing already?

Rjnewman

PostMon Aug 09, 2021 9:09 pm

Just observing. However very upset we are losing the commissioner. That loss may be difficult to recover from. He has been donating his time to run this tourney as well as it possibly could. Why is this being allowed to happen? Very selfish of one disgruntled player to be ruining things for hundreds of participants. Very disappointed and I would guess this is the opinion of many.

JimmyJames209

PostMon Aug 09, 2021 10:02 pm

I voted 80’s and 60’s because I like the set.

I voted auto draft originally because I had never done Live draft.

I “asked if ok” to change vote because I had idea to live stream the show ...... ONLY reason!

I agree, how could this happen? How could a guy that I have heard is the same in his other leagues be allowed to hurt this tournament??

I emailed Strat-O-Matic, the guys at 365 themselves. They are losing a great commissioner over 1 player with issues.

He could have been kicked out, but John is nice. And after being allowed to stay he is STILL A MONSTER. Un-redeemable it seems. How do you come back with the bile from Mosser’s last post?

Please, will the rest of you email as well? Why allow one person to ruin a good thing for 100’s of us?

Being our commissioner is a thankless job, one Juiced does better than anyone else! And he only gets grief from Mosser as payment for services.

Mosser, since everyone else are a babies, whiners , and cheaters...... will you do the hundred of hours of unpaid WORK that Juiced does?

Mosser, you can’t even seem to follow this thread enough that is was ME not Franky35 that brought up changing my vote and made big deal out of Live draft for my radio show. How in the WORLD could you even start to fill Juiced’s shoes?

We have all lost something because of 1 person’s bad actions!

This is how nice Juiced was.... he thanked me for last post but was ok with me taking down so as not to hurt the radio show with my strong opinions....

I told him that “people who are bullies” can listen to something else.

JimmyJames

Juiced JC

PostTue Aug 10, 2021 11:00 pm

I want to be clear mastermosser that I am not quitting because I allowed the rules to be broken. There were no rules broken. Were some of the variables of the final round not perfectly mapped out and therefore required some digging by some of the participants to understand? Yes. I agree that was true, and hopefully that’s something that the next commissioner corrects and is more clear about all of the rules so people like yourself don’t get confused. The reason I am stepping away from this is because of the personal attacks - this commissioner role is not worth that - I have no tolerance for that. I could have kicked you out of this tournament if I wanted to, but I made the choice to allow you to continue because despite your actions you earned your spot here. I’m not perfect but I have a little bit of kindness, class, compassion and consideration for others - something I hope you can show the other 11 participants in the finals and all commissioners and participants of future tournaments and leagues you participate in.

Juiced JC
Previous

Return to --- Mystery Tournament