Where are you sweet childsmwc o' mine?

the official tournament of the Mystery Card player sets

Moderators: Juiced JC, jaywalker72, Palmtana

• Author

Juiced JC

Where are you sweet childsmwc o' mine?

PostSun Jan 31, 2021 2:12 am

We have 167 of 168 teams that have joined their 70's league - we just need childsmwc to join League 1.

mjsm01

Re: Where are you sweet childsmwc o' mine?

PostSun Jan 31, 2021 3:08 am

Juiced, he is in our 2000s non-tourney league

Juiced JC

PostSun Jan 31, 2021 8:01 am

mjsm01 wrote:Juiced, he is in our 2000s non-tourney league

Thanks, missed that. He's leading my division in that league....shows how much I am paying attention to that one! I just sent him a message there.

Jablowmi

PostSun Jan 31, 2021 8:11 am

How much longer than the deadline does someone get?

Juiced JC

PostSun Jan 31, 2021 8:32 am

Jablowmi wrote:How much longer than the deadline does someone get?

Later today I will post a final deadline for childsmwc to get in. If he's not in by that posted deadline he will lose his spot in the tournament and we'll use a filler for League 1. We've got 167 of 168 in their 70's league, which I think is amazing - so I'm asking League 1 to be a little more patient here in the hopes we get childsmwc in soon.

Jablowmi

PostSun Jan 31, 2021 9:18 am

No doubt you do an amazing job, but the other 167 (or at least 11) shouldn’t be held up for one. If he hasn’t seen the message by now - or has ignored it thru the deadline- why do we think he will act with another deadline?

Juiced JC

PostSun Jan 31, 2021 11:30 am

Jablowmi wrote:No doubt you do an amazing job, but the other 167 (or at least 11) shouldn’t be held up for one. If he hasn’t seen the message by now - or has ignored it thru the deadline- why do we think he will act with another deadline?

Jablowmi, the way I see it is this - we've already got 167 of 168 teams loaded in their league - that's 99.4% which I think is incredible. A lot of these tournaments have people disappear after one round. If we were to replace the one missing owner with a filler today on Sunday, what have we really gained? League 1 would draft today with a filler and have their waivers run Tuesday, but then there is still Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday with nothing before their opening day on the Monday night. Everyone is waiting the same amount of time to start (on one side of the draft or the other), and I don't think League 1 needs 5-6 full days to tinker with their rosters after waivers. Plus, what if the person we are waiting on is going through challenges or busy times and just needs a bit more time? I think we all need to be a bit more tolerant, respectful and patient with this, especially this year as we are all dealing with a global pandemic. This delay does not really affect 167 other people as 13/14 leagues have drafted. It just affects the other 11 in League 1. I ask them for their patience and apologize for my position on this if it's not what they would have done. Someone else can do this next year and be less tolerant and more cut-throat with the deadlines if they want, but I'm not doing that this year.

boyer14

PostSun Jan 31, 2021 11:57 am

Juiced JC - As one of the 11 waiting to get started in League 1 I am in complete agreement with you.

Our missing player is quite experienced and successful. He deserves the benefit of the doubt. We still have plenty of time before the February 8 start date.

I do understand folks wanting to run this draft and get going.

But thank you for encouraging patience at this time.

Jablowmi

PostSun Jan 31, 2021 12:06 pm

Juiced, nobody has run this tourney better than you. We’re all adults here (presumably) though, deadlines have been known for weeks, and reminders have been sent. We all made a commitment here, so a response of some sort would’ve been nice. While I am not sure how the pandemic fits in here, waiting is not a big deal. But, it is annoying.

Return to --- Mystery Tournament