2021 Mystery Tournament - 70's League #13

the official tournament of the Mystery Card player sets

Moderators: Juiced JC, jaywalker72, Palmtana

• Author

Axlerod Gunderson

Re: 2021 Mystery Tournament - 70's League #13

PostSat Jan 30, 2021 6:23 pm

A definite selfish prick move to make everyone in the league unnecessarily wait all day...

FALCON29

PostSat Jan 30, 2021 6:29 pm

I think you guys are taking this a little too far here. Just because a person has his team in a league doesn't mean that their Auto Draft list or Draft Order is set. And as you know, that takes some time and thought. It's not always just a matter of clicking on a box.

I've been in quite a few leagues with Icterus Galbuli and he's always been a fair, courteous and competent player, certainly worthy of being a closer.

Axlerod Gunderson

PostSat Jan 30, 2021 7:01 pm

He is certainly being discourteous now. We’ve had 5 days to ready our teams an He’s been in the league for days. There are no excuses to making everyone wait. I hope he isn’t a closer in any of my future leagues...

Juiced JC

PostSat Jan 30, 2021 7:49 pm

League 13 - PLEASE be patient. We have time here. It's why extra days are built into the schedule, because sometimes people's lives and work get in the way. I think we have to be particularly mindful of that this year. Look, I understand it can be hard to be patient when your league is about to draft, but it will draft in lots of time. The sooner you draft the longer of a pre-season you will have, so we'll all end up waiting the same amount of time on one side of the draft or the other. Remember, as FALCON29 pointed out, just because someone has joined the league it does not mean they have taken the time to set up their draft list. I appreciate that Icterus Galbuli did post when he'd be able to get his team in, even if that was not in a timeframe that you hoped it would be.

One of the things I love about this tournament is that so many of the veteran players are so kind, friendly and respectful in their dealings with the other players. Icterus Galbuli is one of those people. Please return him the same. Let's not tarnish the spirit of this tournament.

Juiced JC

Icterus Galbuli

PostMon Feb 01, 2021 3:29 pm

Axlerod Gunderson wrote:A definite selfish prick move to make everyone in the league unnecessarily wait all day...

Wow guys, I have been doing this for many years and most times the closers wait until Saturday to load. I was out of town for stretches, my wife's 83-year old father was admitted into the hospital last week with a 95% blockage that needed a stint, She just told me he will be coming home from the hospital tomorrow or later today but will need to go back in 2-3 weeks to repair a leaking valve.... with that and many things going on at work I had barely time to put together my draft list and draft order. I also was not going to be available until after 5pm on Saturday to work on it. Allowed myself 2 hours to work on it and upload.
I thought it was very courteous of me to let you know when I would be loading so you would know to check then....it is not like we were in a big hurry, we still don't begin for another week!!!
I apologize if some thought I was a selfish prick or an asshole or even worse..but guess what! right now I even think worse of you guys...this is a game and your impatience is the real problem, NOT me!!!
But now let's remember this is a game and have fun! :P , For me this is an escape from the problems of the real world and I do enjoy it but I don't need it to contribute to life's problems.
From this point on I will let bygones be bygones, water under the bridge and all that stuff!
Take care and may the dice ever roll in your favor, except when you are playing me!!

YettieJohnston

PostSat Feb 06, 2021 6:37 pm

Ahoy,

Yow - didn't realize we got so wound up.

I have to keep reminding myself of that commercial with the little girl with the big smile that said "I Like Cheese!".

Yettie
Previous

Return to --- Mystery Tournament