Believe it or not, it's time to start talking 70's

the official tournament of the Mystery Card player sets

Moderators: Juiced JC, jaywalker72, Palmtana

• Author

Juiced JC

Believe it or not, it's time to start talking 70's

PostWed Jan 29, 2020 3:50 pm

First of all, I'd like to thank you all for your assistance and patience in getting us to the point of having all teams loaded and drafted for the 60's. It is traditionally the most challenging part of the tournament in terms of planning and organizing, so hopefully things are a little smoother from here. It's very exciting that we have all 144 teams as full tournament participants, making this a bigger tournament than we've seen in recent years.

As we only have 2 weeks between the start of the 60's round and the 70's round, it's already time to start planning for the 70's. In the original plan, I was going to do the random league assignment on Sunday February 2nd. But since that's Super Bowl Sunday, and since there's no real reason to wait until then, I'm going to push this up a little to tomorrow - Thursday January 30th - a day when I have availability to do all of the required tasks. This will give people more time on the weekend to put together their 70's team and utilize the downtime between 60's drafts/waivers and 60's opening day. But there is no additional pressure with this change - the period for non-closers to load your teams will still go until end of day Friday February 7th as originally planned. So really this just gives everyone more time to work with in the 70's team loading period. Remember when you set up your draft card that the 70's round is using an $80 million salary cap, and IS USING THE DH.

So here is a run down of how things will play out over the next week or two as we get ready for the 70’s round of the tournament:

1.On Wednesday January 29th, I will create all 12 leagues for the 70’s. These will be private password protected leagues.

2.At 8:00 AM ET on Thursday January 30th, I will use a randomizer website to generate a random order for all tournament participants. This will be used to assign participants to the 70’s leagues, for example, numbers 1-12 will form League 1, numbers 13-24 will form League 2, and so on. I will post this random list (with a timestamp for transparency) to the discussion forum right after it runs. Within 15 minutes (say by 8:15 AM ET on Thursday morning), I will re-post the random list with the participants clearly broken into leagues, with 2 closers assigned to each league. You will need this final post to know exactly which league you are in.

3.By 9:00 AM ET on Thursday morning (Jan 30), I will create a Discussion Forum thread for each of the 12 70’s Leagues, where owners can post league specific messages. I ask that each participant posts a message there to indicate that they got their assignment, got the league password, and can indicate when they will join the league. It’s important that you do this check in so that the closers and I know you are going to be joining before the 70's loading deadline.

4.By 12:00 PM ET on Thursday (January 30th), you will receive a private message from me on the Discussion Forum site with the password for your assigned league. Make sure you check your inbox for this! A lot of 365 players don’t regularly check the Discussion Forum, or their inbox of PMs on this site, but it is critical that you do as part of this tournament.

5.From Thursday January 30th to end of day Friday February 7th, all non-closers must join their assigned 70’s league. Closers must NOT join during this period. Closers have the responsibility to ensure the proper 10 non-closer teams are in before they are, and they are responsible for NOT joining before Saturday February 8th. Why? Because all leagues must fill between Saturday February 8th and Friday February 14th, so that waivers for all leagues run between Monday February 10th and Sunday February 16th. Why is this important? Because we want opening day for all 12 leagues to be Monday February 17th. The overall tournament standings are cleaner and more meaningful when all 12 leagues have the same number of games played.

That's it! We have an extra week (3 weeks total) between the start of the 70's and the start of the 80's, so we can breathe a bit before we start this all over again for the next round!

If you have any questions at all, please let me know.

Juiced JC

Jimmy_C

Re: Believe it or not, it's time to start talking 70's

PostThu Jan 30, 2020 6:40 am

I ask that each participant posts a message there to indicate that they got their assignment, got the league password, and can indicate when they will join the league. It’s important that you do this check in so that the closers and I know you are going to be joining before the 70's loading deadline.

This would be particularly helpful guys.

JMROZINSKI

Re: Believe it or not, it's time to start talking 70's

PostSat Feb 01, 2020 11:40 pm

Jimmy_C wrote:
I ask that each participant posts a message there to indicate that they got their assignment, got the league password, and can indicate when they will join the league. It’s important that you do this check in so that the closers and I know you are going to be joining before the 70's loading deadline.

This would be particularly helpful guys.

in

Return to --- Mystery Tournament