Shifting Focus to the 70's

the official tournament of the Mystery Card player sets

Moderators: Juiced JC, jaywalker72, Palmtana

• Author

Juiced JC

Shifting Focus to the 70's

PostThu Jan 31, 2019 8:10 pm

We haven’t reached opening day for the 60s yet, but with only a 2 week gap between the start of the first two rounds, it’s not too early to start planning the 70s leagues setup. Here’s the plan:

At midnight Eastern time on Saturday February 2nd (Friday/tomorrow night), I will run the randomizer to generate the list for the 70s leagues. For the sake of transparency, I will post this list (with a timestamp) immediately after generation. This list will have a randomized order – original signup order and 60s league assignments will have no impact on this new randomization. The top 12 names in the list will form League 1, names 13-24 will form League 2, and so on. League 9 will only have 11 teams assigned to it as we will need one filler to get to 108 for 9 leagues.

I will then create all 9 70s Leagues, and create a separate thread for each league listing the membership and a link to the league website to join. League passwords will be sent out via Private Message this time. This is a change from the 60s leagues, but it will prevent people from joining the wrong league and it will prevent people who aren’t tournament participants from joining our leagues.

You will have 1 full week to load your 70s team into your assigned league – you will have 7 full days from Saturday February 2nd through end of day Friday February 8th to load your teams. Hopefully this should give everyone much more time than the somewhat rushed schedule we had for the 60s. Closers are not to join until Saturday February 9th at the earliest.

Return to --- Mystery Tournament