the official tournament of the Mystery Card player sets

Moderators: Juiced JC, jaywalker72, Palmtana

• Author

Juiced JC

PostTue Jan 29, 2019 7:48 pm

First of all, as mentioned in other threads, if you are still interested in committing to participating in all 4 rounds (60s, 70s, 80s, 90s) of this tournament, PLEASE GO AHEAD AND JOIN League 9 now. Do not sign up here, just go to the link below and join the league:

League website:
https://365.strat-o-matic.com/league/439092

League password: 60s9

With that said, this thread is intended as a signup list to be a filler in this league in the event that we cannot get enough new members in the next few days to build a full league.

To be clear, our priority order is this:
1. Members committing to full tournament participation (do NOT sign up here, go join the league!)
2. Fillers who do not already have a team in the tournament (who do NOT want to play the whole tournament but will put in a 60s team)
3. Tournament participants who want to enter a second team in another league, but whose points for this team do not count in tournament standings

I know some people are opposed to category #3 above, but I don't see a problem with it. For the most part, everyone here is very competitive and will put in full effort to win this league if they are willing to use a credit as a filler. Plus, they do have something to gain in the tournament if they do well, because even though their points don't count in the standings, every win and playoff spot takes valuable points away from the members in the league whose scores are counting. I feel strongly about this, so much so I'm willing to be a filler in this category myself.

If you are willing to sign up here as a "category #2" or "category #3" filler, please do not go and join the league yet. Wait for my instruction before joining the league. Fillers won't be asked to fill earlier than Thursday night (the league has to close by Friday night).

So, that said here is the sign up list for a #2 or #3 filler:
1. Juiced JC
2. gbrookes
3. mjsm01 (only if we are desperate)

Icterus Galbuli

Re: Sign up HERE to be a filler in League 9

PostTue Jan 29, 2019 11:03 pm

Juiced JC wrote:3. Tournament participants who want to enter a second team in another league, but whose points for this team do not count in tournament standings

I know some people are opposed to category #3 above, but I don't see a problem with it.

My "Unfortunate Fillers" entry in the 60's leg of the 2016 Tourney won the league title!! I kept up with the team but by no means did I "over-manage" like I do most of the time..
..you would think I would take a lesson from that, maybe less is more? Nah!!!! Let the over-managing begin!!!

ycbill

PostWed Jan 30, 2019 2:40 am

First of all, as mentioned in other threads, if you are still interested in committing to participating in all 4 rounds (60s, 70s, 80s, 90s) of this tournament, PLEASE GO AHEAD AND JOIN League 9 now. Do not sign up here, just go to the link below and join the league:

League website:
https://365.strat-o-matic.com/league/439092

League password: 60s9

With that said, this thread is intended as a signup list to be a filler in this league in the event that we cannot get enough new members in the next few days to build a full league.

To be clear, our priority order is this:
1. Members committing to full tournament participation (do NOT sign up here, go join the league!)
2. Fillers who do not already have a team in the tournament (who do NOT want to play the whole tournament but will put in a 60s team)
3. Tournament participants who want to enter a second team in another league, but whose points for this team do not count in tournament standings

I know some people are opposed to category #3 above, but I don't see a problem with it. For the most part, everyone here is very competitive and will put in full effort to win this league if they are willing to use a credit as a filler. Plus, they do have something to gain in the tournament if they do well, because even though their points don't count in the standings, every win and playoff spot takes valuable points away from the members in the league whose scores are counting. I feel strongly about this, so much so I'm willing to be a filler in this category myself.

If you are willing to sign up here as a "category #2" or "category #3" filler, please do not go and join the league yet. Wait for my instruction before joining the league. Fillers won't be asked to fill earlier than Thursday night (the league has to close by Friday night).

So, that said here is the sign up list for a #2 or #3 filler:
1. Juiced JC
2. gbrookes
3. mjsm01 (only if we are desperate)
4. ycbill

Juiced JC

PostThu Jan 31, 2019 3:02 pm

No need for fillers now, but thanks to you all for offering!

Return to --- Mystery Tournament