Getting us to the 60s finish line

the official tournament of the Mystery Card player sets

Moderators: Juiced JC, jaywalker72, Palmtana

• Author

Juiced JC

Getting us to the 60s finish line

PostMon Jan 28, 2019 10:12 pm

OK, we've had all kinds of chaos, including losing franky35 as co-commissioner. He has stepped down (understandably) as a result of frustration over the lack of support from SOM and from the lack of co-operation from some members. Thank you Frank for all you've done to get us to this point!

I'm now the sole commissioner and I have to move forward with a plan. Not everyone is going to be in agreement with this, but believe me when I say we've wasted a lot of energy on trying to sort out things that have gone wrong and hoping to get SOM to help. Right now, we're not getting much support. So the best move in my opinion is to take care of the members that are patiently waiting to participate rather than waste more time trying to resolve issues we're not getting support with. Having said that, I will contact SOM about me getting some kind of a direct line to have our issues dealt with more quickly moving forward.

So here's what we're doing:
1. We're going to leave pretzel_logic in League 8. I know this won't be a popular decision, but he will not be invited to participate in the 70s, 80s, 90s, so consider him a filler for the 60s.
2. seanreflex is going to join League 2. Jimmy_C and ggrover15 can then finally close. Please do this ASAP.
3. I will create a 9th League for Gonzo and the wait list. There will be no closers for this league. It will be first come, first serve. However, we will have to have each owner know that they are committing to joining all 4 rounds of the tournament. I will also start a filler list to make sure this league fills by Friday so it is starting with the rest of the leagues.

Let's do this!

Jimmy_C

Re: Getting us to the 60s finish line

PostMon Jan 28, 2019 10:31 pm

OK...Sean joined League #2, so I've joined also. Just need ggrover and we'll be drafting

Rjnewman

PostTue Jan 29, 2019 1:23 pm

Thanks for helping out. Hopefully we can get Franky to keep helping. Does having other people email Strat serve any purpose as far as putting pressure on them to be responsive? Any other way to help?RJ

gbrookes

PostTue Jan 29, 2019 2:27 pm

Thanks Juiced JC!!!!

mjsm01

PostTue Jan 29, 2019 4:15 pm

If desperate, AND ONLY IF DESPERATE, I could add a second team as a filler. I bought 5 credits and only need 4 for the tourney so I have one just sitting there. I can Auto Draft my team (never done that before) so I could be up and running very quickly. My hesitation is that my attention to this team might wane, especially after the 70's and 80's and 90's league start going (also I will be out of the country for the first week of the season). I still have a job that pays me so that I can afford to play strat! I am in League 4 in case I don't respond to a post have someone contact me via league email.

Ducky

PostTue Jan 29, 2019 4:42 pm

Managers that are already in the tournament should not be able to have a filler team in a second league. The fillers need to be non tournament managers.

mjsm01

PostTue Jan 29, 2019 5:37 pm

Whew! I didn't really want to do it. I need to save that 5th credit for the tourney finals. :lol:

Juiced JC

PostTue Jan 29, 2019 6:08 pm

Ducky wrote:Managers that are already in the tournament should not be able to have a filler team in a second league. The fillers need to be non tournament managers.

Well Ducky we don’t want to do this, but it might come to this. Our priority order is this:
1. Members committing to full tournament participation
2. Fillers who do not already have a team in the tournament
3. Tournament participants who want to enter a second team in another league, but whose points for this team do not count in tournament standings

At this point in time, only people from category 1 above should be joining League 9. I will create a separate thread to start a signup for category 2 and 3, but those people should only join when instructed to do so by me (later in the week).

Juiced JC

PostTue Jan 29, 2019 7:54 pm

As for the topic of pressuring SOM, no need right now from my perspective. They failed us in not addressing the pretzel_logic / seanreflex situation, but we've moved on. For what it's worth, they did apologize today for not responding in a timely manner and they did give me both an alternate email and a phone number to call for expedited support for the balance of the tournament, something I had asked for. I'm satisfied with that response and feel a lot better that we can quickly resolve removing owners from leagues (and other corrections) promptly going forward.

Return to --- Mystery Tournament