Doctor Gonzo

the official tournament of the Mystery Card player sets

Moderators: Juiced JC, jaywalker72, Palmtana

• Author

Jimmy_C

Re: Doctor Gonzo

PostMon Jan 28, 2019 9:30 pm

Thank you Doctor Gonzo. Definitely hoping for league 9.

franky35

PostMon Jan 28, 2019 9:39 pm

I've asked John to take over as sole commissioner, so I hope I'll be out of the decision-making. But just to show how conscientious we've been and how much effort we have been putting in due to these shenanigans, here is a portion of our private emails:

I say we just get ggrover and Jimmy C to close ASAP. That minimizes the risk of further headaches. If we can't get SOM to put reflex in League 8, we can consider starting a League 9 with reflex and the 3 waiting list people, and recruit hard to fill it this week. What do you think?
we just can't have people joining whenever and where ever they feel like it. I think Gonzo has got to be kicked out. I actually think we probably should have gone a little slower with the waiting list to allow stragglers back in, but the decision was made to replace Gonzo and I think we have to stick to it. I guess that would make newcar entitled to the spot in league 2?? Maybe we could have given it to Gonzo but there is no way he gets it just by jumping in.
The problem is Gonzo will probably play dead now and won't leave on his own, forcing us to have to get SOM to remove him, if they will.
Commissioners need to have control of the tournament. I'm hopeful that Gonzo will pull out. If he doesn't, then we'll get SOM to remove him. If he gets removed then he;s definitely not getting back in. What if he does pull out - who should get that last spot Gonzo or newcar?
Good question. I feel like newcar as he’s Ben there waiting, checking in. But Gonzo was supposed to be in originally, and he could argue that we didn’t give much warning that he’d be replaced. What are you thinking?

Of course we may have to give it to seanreflex if he can’t get in league 8.

If Gonzo pulls out pretty quickly then I might lean to letting him back in, but if he takes a while or doesn't pull out voluntarily then it is a very easy decision. I feel that SOM has not given good support to this year's tournament - but the start of the tournament was very poorly handled by Rosie. If SOM doesn't help out with the pretzel logic situation then I feel that I want to stop being co-commissioner because we don't have the authority to enforce the rules. I have seen SOM pull people out before, so they have that ability.
I agree, if Gonzo is compliant and pulls himself out maybe that earns him the spot.
No word from SOM yet. And Gonzo hasn’t left League 2 yet.
I just realized that league is going to have their waivers run today, so there's no way SOM is going to intervene at that point.
I am completely opposed to it. pretzel cannot take a legitimate players spot. Gonzo can't just grab a spot. If that is how it is going to be I am completely out as commissioner and I don't want to be a closer. SOM has got to fix this.

ggrover15

PostMon Jan 28, 2019 9:53 pm

Frankly I agree. If I need to do a second team to fill I will. Just let me know what your need me too do.

BruceF

PostMon Jan 28, 2019 10:18 pm

Waiting list should join League 9. For their unresponsiveness, SOM should give free credits to the fillers. I will take a filler team if SOM pays the bill.
Previous

Return to --- Mystery Tournament