Doctor Gonzo

the official tournament of the Mystery Card player sets

Moderators: Juiced JC, jaywalker72, Palmtana

• Author

Jimmy_C

Doctor Gonzo

PostMon Jan 28, 2019 6:30 am

Please exit Tournament League #2. You weren't assigned to this League.

Refer to the thread regarding possible 9th league for the tournament. Thanks.

DoctorGonzo

Re: Doctor Gonzo

PostMon Jan 28, 2019 7:56 pm

I was assigned to League 7, but I got yanked....

Juiced JC

PostMon Jan 28, 2019 8:02 pm

DoctorGonzo, you didn't get yanked, you were replaced by the tournament commissioners because you didn't join League 7 before the set deadline. If you leave this league like we requested we will work on potentially getting you into a new League #9 and allow you to participate.

DoctorGonzo

PostMon Jan 28, 2019 8:08 pm

That does not really sound like I'm going to get a spot. I do realize that you threw out a deadline that I missed while out of town. I signed up 6 weeks ago and there was a lot of fumbling around about format changes and what not and then suddenly it's on the week I'm gone....

.... and guys like pretzel logic and others later comers are all getting spots. I've been in this tournament that past several years and don't like the idea of getting shut out.....

DoctorGonzo

PostMon Jan 28, 2019 8:20 pm

Also, who's spot did I take? Aren't the two closers the only ones left?

DoctorGonzo

PostMon Jan 28, 2019 8:26 pm

RB44 was assigned to this league, but he obviously missed the deadline as well.

Juiced JC

PostMon Jan 28, 2019 8:29 pm

We're trying to give seanreflex priority over you, because he was a closer in League 8 whose spot was actually stolen (not taken away like yours) by another owner. We want to give him the spot in League 2 first, and then take care of you and the wait list owners. What happened to him is very troublesome, because the people who agree to be closers have faith in us that things like this aren't going to happen to them. Without the closers selfless patience in that process we couldn't have this tournament. If you leave this league and give it to seanreflex and trust that we'll try and get a 9th league on the go you'll still have a chance to participate in the tournament. If you stay in League 2 there would be too many members angry at your stance to let you continue to have your scores count toward the tournament totals.

DoctorGonzo

PostMon Jan 28, 2019 8:32 pm

I will leave. But please realize that the guy who stole his spot is screwing me. I bear responsibility for missing the deadline and I to appreciate the closer's role. I hope we can fill a ninth league......

franky35

PostMon Jan 28, 2019 8:33 pm

... and guys like pretzel logic and others later comers are all getting spots.
If SOM does not remove pretzel logic, then I am quitting as co-commissioner. If pretzel logic is not removed, then it seems to me that seanreflex would get the spot in league #2 because seanreflex was named as a closer and therefore he was asked to delay joining. The willingness of people to be closers is critical to the orderly functioning of this tournament; there have been many occasions when closers have prevented leagues from getting messed up. So, at least while I am involved with commissioning, closers are guaranteed a spot unless they really go awol.
I hear your complaints about this year's tournament. Yes, there was a lot of confusion about the format. And perhaps we were too hasty in making reassignments; and the blame for that falls on me and John (the current co-commissioners). to be continued ...

DoctorGonzo

PostMon Jan 28, 2019 8:37 pm

I don't envy your responsibility......I didn't mean to make your job even more difficult....It is a fun tournament that I look forward to.....

good luck and I keep my fingers crossed for a ninth league...
Next

Return to --- Mystery Tournament