2019 Mystery Tournament - 60's League #8

the official tournament of the Mystery Card player sets

Moderators: Juiced JC, jaywalker72, Palmtana

• Author

Jimmy_C

Re: 2019 Mystery Tournament - 60's League #8

PostMon Jan 28, 2019 7:21 pm

I've sent a message to support to get Doctor Gonzo out of League #2.

dc irish

PostMon Jan 28, 2019 7:25 pm

For what it's worth (which is relative) the pretzel guy has been super apologetic in league messages sending probably 5 seperate apologies to the league. Know it's a pain in the ass, but seems at least to have not been intentional.

Juiced JC

PostMon Jan 28, 2019 7:31 pm

dc irish wrote:For what it's worth (which is relative) the pretzel guy has been super apologetic in league messages sending probably 5 seperate apologies to the league. Know it's a pain in the ass, but seems at least to have not been intentional.

Thanks for sharing dc irish. For me anyway, that makes me feel a lot better. Maybe it was more of an honest mistake not really understanding the impact of it, or not reading and understanding the details and list of members that the league was supposed to be restricted to. pretzel, I apologize if some of my other comments were a bit harsh if this wasn't intentional. It's just that this has caused franky35 and I a lot of grief trying to quickly and fairly get this tournament off the ground.

seanreflex

PostMon Jan 28, 2019 7:36 pm

Juiced, Franky,
If it's easier for me to just back out and let Pretzel keep his team, I can do that. I was a Red Sox fan in the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's ... "Wait til next year" is a very familiar phrase for me.
It would suck (for me), but it might ease the pain y'all are going through now. I feel terrible that you guys have to deal with this. It's not my first choice, but I don't want to hold up 99 of my colleagues so that I can get into the tournament.
So sorry, men.
Sean

BruceF

PostMon Jan 28, 2019 7:46 pm

Gonzo and pretzel need to be banned from the tournament. We have people on the waiting list who have legally and patiently waited to enter. SOM needs to step up and deliver world class service. Poor customer service will destroy a company.

Thanks to Franky and Juice for spending their time on these issues. I hope that SOM will compensate them for their hard work.

Juiced JC

PostMon Jan 28, 2019 7:52 pm

seanreflex, I have been waiting for franky's take on this, but I think he's understandably too angry to comment right now.....but I think our best option is a "path of least resistance" because we're not going to get any help from SOM or from our fellow members who are joining leagues they shouldn't. I think we should create a league #9 and push hard for either new league members or for fillers to get to 12 before Friday and let you (and the waitlist) participate.

That allows us to give up the fight, leave pretzel in League 8, leave Gonzo (who isn't helping us at all) in League 2, and move on. Thoughts?

Juiced JC

PostMon Jan 28, 2019 7:57 pm

BruceF wrote:Gonzo and pretzel need to be banned from the tournament. We have people on the waiting list who have legally and patiently waited to enter. SOM needs to step up and deliver world class service. Poor customer service will destroy a company.

Thanks to Franky and Juice for spending their time on these issues. I hope that SOM will compensate them for their hard work.

Thanks for your comment BruceF, I don't disagree, but I'm prepared to give up the fight to focus on getting seanreflex and our patient waitlisters into the tournament. That to me is the primary concern. I've wasted enough time on the members who are going rogue instead of the owners who just want to fairly participate!

Jimmy_C

PostMon Jan 28, 2019 8:37 pm

See the thread titled Doctor Gonzo. He is pulling out of league 2. Can we get him in the league 9 list? Can we get Sean, ggrover, and I loaded into league 2?

seanreflex

PostMon Jan 28, 2019 8:44 pm

Juiced, I'm with you. If I can get into League 9 with the waitlist and a few stragglers, that's awesome. If we can't find enough, so be it.
It used to be that Bernie would pick up the phone and call us within hours in situations like this, but clearly he doesn't hold the reins anymore. I've been playing online Strat for 19 years. It's definitely a different company now.
Whatever you need me to do, I'll do. Thanks to you and Franky and the others who have worked so hard to try and resolve this issue.
Sean

Juiced JC

PostMon Jan 28, 2019 8:52 pm

Jimmy_C wrote:See the thread titled Doctor Gonzo. He is pulling out of league 2. Can we get him in the league 9 list? Can we get Sean, ggrover, and I loaded into league 2?

Yes! seanreflex, please load your team into League 2 and then the closers of that league can close. I am going to push hard to get members together for a league 9 because Gonzo was willing to accommodate us.
PreviousNext

Return to --- Mystery Tournament