Integrity of 2018 Mystery Tournament Lost?

the official tournament of the Mystery Card player sets

Moderators: Juiced JC, jaywalker72, Palmtana

• Author

Juiced JC

Integrity of 2018 Mystery Tournament Lost?

PostMon Apr 09, 2018 10:09 pm

In my 80s league last night, my opponent had Mark Davis start a game against me. Davis is a RP that cannot start. My opponent had no pitcher injuries, so that was not the cause. To make matters worse, Davis appeared as a RP in the first two games of the series, and had no fatigue at all in his start in game 3, which of course he won. I contacted SOM 365 support but heard nothing. In an extremely tight race in the Mystery tournament, a glitch like this could cost me spot in the finals. More importantly, it makes me lose significant interest in this tournament, and in this 365 game in general. I'm hoping someone can explain this (like injuries I'm not seeing, or some rule I'm missing) so that this is not just a glitch.

Juiced JC

Radagast Brown

Re: Integrity of 2018 Mystery Tournament Lost?

PostSun Apr 15, 2018 3:30 pm

You need to post the link from the game... He must have had a starting pitcher injured.... Also, you have no idea whether Mark Davis was fatigued he probably was...You could have a legitimate complaint, but you have to prove it by posting that game.. And even then, I wouldn't count on much, it isn't a case of cheating.

I am disappointed in SOM and the SOM community, no one helps anyone anymore and posts like this are simply ignored, it is a sad state.

Spider 67

PostMon Apr 16, 2018 12:32 pm

It would be interesting to see SOM's response. On his opponent roster, both Proly and Gooden would have been eligible to start - and neither had been injured in their previous appearance. Also, it doesn't look like they could have had another starter scheduled, but dropped before the start happened. I may be missing something else which could have resulted in an RP start.

franky35

PostMon Apr 16, 2018 2:43 pm

I am not in the league, so I can only guess. My guess is that the other team had set their starting pitchers. After setting their pitchers, they cut a pitcher. So, that left something like Game 52 blank (previously cut pitcher); Game 53: Gooden; Game 54: Proly. HAL won't change the assignments for games 53 and 54 so Gooden and Proly couldn't start. Possible??

Juiced JC

PostWed Apr 18, 2018 12:35 am

Here is the link to the game:
http://365.strat-o-matic.com/game/436058/862

And here is SOM's disappointing response:
Hi John,

Thank you for writing in about this. This has led us to discover a rare bug if setting the per-game starting pitchers between a certain time period, after rosters have locked but before games were played. Now that we have been able to identify the issue we are working on fixing this to prevent this from happening in the future.

Sincerely,
Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365
http://365.strat-o-matic.com

Return to --- Mystery Tournament