We have a problem

the official tournament of the Mystery Card player sets

Moderators: Juiced JC, jaywalker72, Palmtana

• Author

Ducky

We have a problem

PostThu Mar 01, 2018 6:22 pm

The two closers in League 10 loaded without waiting for the okay. We now have one league that will be starting ahead of the rest unless we can get Strat to delay the start by one week.

chris.sied@yahoo.com

Re: We have a problem

PostThu Mar 01, 2018 6:54 pm

Personally, I would vote to push back a week. I already have a couple new teams starting based on the expected date, I am out of town monday night also so throwing another new team in there is tough, and with this being event 4 it seems important to have everyone wrapping up around the same time so the standings come together at the end.

My 2 cents, but if it starts monday I will be ready.

franky35

PostThu Mar 01, 2018 9:09 pm

How many times do I need to announce that the 90s is being pushed back one week? grrrr. On the positive side, the leagues are moving along pretty nicely. Just to be clear, the start date of 90s leg of the tournament is being pushed back one week. So, closers should not enter until Saturday.

chris.sied@yahoo.com

PostThu Mar 01, 2018 9:26 pm

I may not have been clear.

I know the 90s are supposed to move back a week. I am in the League 10 that filled (and I am not a closer), and I thought you were discussing the problem that we now have that needs to be fixed (based on the topic/title of this post). I noted that getting Strat to postpone this league by a week puts it on track with all the other leagues, and that as a member of this "off track" league I think this is the best solution. You offered two options, start a week ahead or ask SOM to delay a week. I vote delay if we in the league have any say about it.

If I misunderstood the intent of your post I apologize, but I thought you were looking for discussion on this topic.

franky35

PostThu Mar 01, 2018 9:46 pm

We will ask SOM to delay the start of league 10 so all the 90s leagues will start on the same day. We don't mean to offer an option. All leagues should fill no earlier than Saturday, so all the 90s leagues will have opening day the Monday after next.

Icterus Galbuli

PostThu Mar 01, 2018 10:25 pm

Franky and Ducky,

This is why as co-commissioners you guys get paid the big bucks!!!

P.S. You better handle this correctly or Jerry Jones will get you fired!!!

P.S.S ....and in case you don't hear it enough, thank you for taking this on and making it happen. Even though it appears I will miss the finals yet again, I do have a blast with this Mystery tournament!!

FALCON29

PostFri Mar 02, 2018 12:32 am

In league 10, Brothersatm is one of the closers and I think he entered his team last week. I guess he missed the note about being designated a closer.

Yountfan is one of the closers for league 8, and he entered today as well. We have to hope that Geoff doesn't jump the gun too or we'll have 2 leagues to deal with.

jayhawk81

PostFri Mar 02, 2018 8:03 am

when was the last time jerry jones fired a coach? Playoff wins be damned is the Cowboys motto.

Stairway to Seven. Go Steelers!!

gbrookes

PostFri Mar 02, 2018 12:27 pm

FALCON29 wrote:In league 10, Brothersatm is one of the closers and I think he entered his team last week. I guess he missed the note about being designated a closer.

Yountfan is one of the closers for league 8, and he entered today as well. We have to hope that Geoff doesn't jump the gun too or we'll have 2 leagues to deal with.

I will wait until I am instructed to close

Radagast Brown

PostFri Mar 02, 2018 4:24 pm

1. As long as we wait until 11:05pm EST (or 8:05 pm) Friday (tonight), the leagues will not start until the following Monday, after next Monday.

2. I am sure will push that one league back, if asked.

Return to --- Mystery Tournament