Notice - Event 3 closes Thursday March 8

the official tournament of the Mystery Card player sets

Moderators: Juiced JC, jaywalker72, Palmtana

• Author

gbrookes

Notice - Event 3 closes Thursday March 8

PostFri Feb 12, 2016 11:21 am

Excerpt from original 2016 mystery tournament thread:

"The rules and points are identical to last year.

The top 12 scores will make it to the finals. In each event, you get one point for each regular season win, 5 points for making the playoffs, 10 points altogether for making the finals in your league, and 15 points altogether for winning the finals in your league.

Event 1 fills by Thursday january 20 (1960s)
Event 2 fills by Thursday February 11 (1970s)
Event 3 fills by Thursday march 8 (1980s)
Event 4 fills by Thursday March 22 (1990s)

The structure will follow past tourneys, where leagues are assigned by the commish, with simultaneous start dates for all leagues in each event. We may need some fillers for each event . Please note that by entering the tourney, your making a commitment to participate in all 4 events."

gbrookes

Re: Notice - Event 3 closes Thursday March 8

PostFri Feb 12, 2016 11:33 am

I'm considering whether to have 9 or 10 leagues for event 3, but based on the fact that there were only a few no shows, it looks like we will have 10 leagues again. I will confirm this in the next few days. I might use a "flexible" arrangement with some fallback plans for no shows, but I haven't figured out how I would do that yet. I just don't want to be in a position where we need 12 or more fillers, especially since we have lost a couple of participants in each event.

I would like to make a soft deadline on Wednesday March 7. In other words, I would like everyone to try to have their teams in by Wednesday evening, so that Thursday is mostly about getting a couple of stragglers in, and arranging fillers. If most people could have their teams in by that Monday or Tuesday, that would be even better.

For event 3, I am going to ask that everyone sign in again! The purpose of this is to have a direct confirmation from each participant that they have read their league assignments, and will enter their teams by Wednesday March 7. This will be a series of separate threads on this forum, sorted alphabetically. To avoid congestion, I will have separate threads for participants by letter (e.g. A-C, D-H, I-M, N-Q, S-U, V-Z, or something like that). I will get everyone to "check in" for event 3 by copying and pasting that alpha list, and confirming their "attendance" in event 3, and the deadline.

We have some time now between events 2 and 3, so if you have any suggestions I would be happy to hear them.

We will use closers again for events 3 and 4. Thanks to everyone who fulfilled that role in event 2!

I will have the event 3 and event 4 league assignments up by Wednesday next week. People may of course create both of their event 3 and event 4 teams as early as they wish! I will start the event 3 leagues on Wednesday or Thursday next week as well.

Go get 'em! The game is afoot! Or, as YettieJohnston says, "Ahoy!" :)

agapeball

PostWed Mar 02, 2016 7:04 pm

gbrookes wrote:I'm considering whether to have 9 or 10 leagues for event 3, but based on the fact that there were only a few no shows, it looks like we will have 10 leagues again. I will confirm this in the next few days. I might use a "flexible" arrangement with some fallback plans for no shows, but I haven't figured out how I would do that yet. I just don't want to be in a position where we need 12 or more fillers, especially since we have lost a couple of participants in each event.

I would like to make a soft deadline on Wednesday March 7. In other words, I would like everyone to try to have their teams in by Wednesday evening, so that Thursday is mostly about getting a couple of stragglers in, and arranging fillers. If most people could have their teams in by that Monday or Tuesday, that would be even better.

For event 3, I am going to ask that everyone sign in again! The purpose of this is to have a direct confirmation from each participant that they have read their league assignments, and will enter their teams by Wednesday March 7. This will be a series of separate threads on this forum, sorted alphabetically. To avoid congestion, I will have separate threads for participants by letter (e.g. A-C, D-H, I-M, N-Q, S-U, V-Z, or something like that). I will get everyone to "check in" for event 3 by copying and pasting that alpha list, and confirming their "attendance" in event 3, and the deadline.

We have some time now between events 2 and 3, so if you have any suggestions I would be happy to hear them.

We will use closers again for events 3 and 4. Thanks to everyone who fulfilled that role in event 2!

I will have the event 3 and event 4 league assignments up by Wednesday next week. People may of course create both of their event 3 and event 4 teams as early as they wish! I will start the event 3 leagues on Wednesday or Thursday next week as well.

Go get 'em! The game is afoot! Or, as YettieJohnston says, "Ahoy!" :)

Wouldn't this be Thursday "March 10" ???

YettieJohnston

PostFri Mar 04, 2016 8:50 pm

Ahoy,

Yes soft date of the 7th would be Monday and the 8th would be Tuesday.

I still have only 6 of 12 signed up - need 4 plus the filler then I would be able to close. Let's load 'em up League #10.

Yetttie

Return to --- Mystery Tournament