Final 12 predictions/possibilities

the official tournament of the Mystery Card player sets

Moderators: Juiced JC, jaywalker72, Palmtana

• Author

franky35

Re: Final 12 predictions/possibilities

PostSat May 09, 2015 12:19 am

Someone needs to doublecheck my unofficial results, but it looks like Game 7 ended the race for the 12 spots for the championship league. jcheney's team was held to 1 run as Clemens ended their season. Meanwhile Great Unwashed's Montreal Metrics got 13 runs on 15 hits to leapfrog over several teams to make the final 12 along with NYY82602's team that eeked out a 3-2 win. By my calculations that means the final 3 spots are NYY82602, Great Unwashed and canauscot - congratulations to those teams for finishing with strong teams in the 90s. Once someone confirms these results, please vote in the the championship league thread.

For the second year in a row, JimmyC finished one point away from the final 12. Sometimes baseball just ain't fair.

Thanks to everyone for making this a great tournament and special thanks to Mike(ducky) for a fabulous job as commissioner.

djkalle

PostSat May 09, 2015 12:23 am

If I am correct, I think we have our Final 12. dinsdale and jcheney lost tonight. Great Unwashed and NYY both win. That puts canauscot, Great Unwashed and NYY in. Amazing how just a couple wins somewhere among four teams makes a difference.

I see franky has posted as well. I confirm that Great Unwashed, canauscot, and NYY all have at least 372 points and nobody behind them can catch up. We have our Final 12.

Jimmy_C

PostSat May 09, 2015 9:25 am

For the second year in a row, JimmyC finished one point away from the final 12. Sometimes baseball just ain't fair
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UGH...Actually it's the third year in a row. The first year Chess (who was the tourney commish that year) sent me a Jose Canseco signed bat for coming in 13th place! I'm looking at it in my great room right now.

I guess I own 13th place in this tourney...

chess2899

PostSat May 09, 2015 10:06 pm

Jimmy_C wrote:For the second year in a row, JimmyC finished one point away from the final 12. Sometimes baseball just ain't fair
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UGH...Actually it's the third year in a row. The first year Chess (who was the tourney commish that year) sent me a Jose Canseco signed bat for coming in 13th place! I'm looking at it in my great room right now.

I guess I own 13th place in this tourney...

I was rooting for you, Jimmy! I thought you had it at one time. You will have to look at Jose's bat one more year. Maybe I should send you a signed A-Rod bat this year.

There is always next year! You will be back!
Previous

Return to --- Mystery Tournament