90s Update Thursday Afternoon

the official tournament of the Mystery Card player sets

Moderators: Juiced JC, jaywalker72, Palmtana

• Author

Ducky

90s Update Thursday Afternoon

PostMon Mar 02, 2015 5:22 pm

We have one league filled with ten to go. We are waiting for 39 managers before the 10 remaining closers can close. Of the 39, we have only heard from a handful. Deadline to enter your team is Wednesday at Midnight Central. We will start asking for alternates soon to fill empty slots. Let's get the word out in our respective 60s, 70s and 80s leagues. If you need an extension on the Wednesday deadline, let us know.

Thank you.

Mike
Last edited by Ducky on Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ducky

Re: 90s Update Tuesday Afternoon

PostTue Mar 03, 2015 5:55 pm

We still have 28 managers that need to load their teams by midnight on Wednesday. 10 of those are closers.

League 1 Waiting for BigAMcInroy who indicated he would enter his team today or by Wednesday. Jim to close.
League 2 Waiting for Delbird and Phenomenal before Voovits can close. Delbird indicated to me he would enter his team sometime on Tuesday.

League 3 is full.
League 4 Waiting for l.strether and pdixon. usjgtjrgolf to close
League 5 Waiting for SteadyEddie to close
League 6 Waiting for Gordie Howe, jsamia, mburatti77 and Fench33 before I can close. jsamia is the only one to indicate he would enter his team

League 7 Waiting for JoeBob_33. Frank to close.
League 8 Waiting for sphilip8, Canauscot and Rick Ranger. Yount Fan to close.
League 9 Yetti Johnston to close
League 10 Waiting for Bigdinkent, karphenry and Lenny. Great Unwashed to close.
League 11 Waiting for ths92110 and larkline. Randy to close.

Of the 18 managers yet to enter their teams, a large majority have not been heard from by anyone. Please get the word out in your leagues and if you know of any alternates, please have them sign up on the tournament thread.

Thank you.

Mike

franky35

PostTue Mar 03, 2015 6:05 pm

phenomenal wrote a league email that he will be in by tonight.

I sent league emails to Lenny bigdingkent great unwashed and sphilipp. sphilipp messaged me and said he'd be in by Wednesday.
Last edited by franky35 on Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

djkalle

PostTue Mar 03, 2015 7:27 pm

I sent messages to pdixon, gordiehowe and Phenomenal.

The Conndor

PostTue Mar 03, 2015 11:09 pm

League 10: bigdinkent and karphenry are now in. Only waiting on Lenny, then Great Unwashed to close.

djkalle

PostWed Mar 04, 2015 2:20 am

We still have 28 managers that need to load their teams by midnight on Wednesday. 10 of those are closers.

League 1 Waiting for BigAMcInroy who indicated he would enter his team today or by Wednesday. Jim to close.
League 2 Voovits can close.

League 3 is full.
League 5 full
League 6 Waiting for Gordie Howe, jsamia, mburatti77 and Fench33 before I can close. jsamiaand mburatti77 have indicated they would enter

League 7 - closed
League 10 Waiting for Lenny. Great Unwashed to close.
League 11 Waiting for larkline. Randy to close.

voovits

PostWed Mar 04, 2015 2:29 am

League 2 full

League 3 is full.
League 5 full
League 6 Waiting for Gordie Howe, jsamia, mburatti77 and Fench33 before I can close. jsamiaand mburatti77 have indicated they would enter

League 7 - closed

djkalle

PostWed Mar 04, 2015 1:19 pm

Canauscot is in league 8.

League 1 and 9 are full.

Ducky

PostWed Mar 04, 2015 5:04 pm

League 1 full
League 2 full

League 3 is full.
League 5 full

League 7 - closed
League 8 Waiting for sphilip8 and Rick Ranger. Yount Fan to close.
League 9 Full

Still looking for 15 managers to enter teams. Of the 15, 7 have not indicated whether or not they'd enter their teams by midnight tonight or if they need an extension. After midnight, we will start replacing missing managers by league number. Since leagues 1-3 are closed, we would start with league 4. At the moment we have only one alternate. We could use as many as 7 so if you know anyone interested in helping out, have them add their names to the list on the 60s, 70, 80s and 90s thread. If you miss entering your team by the deadline, but all leagues are not filled, please check with me before placing a team in a league you were not assigned to be in.

The Conndor

PostWed Mar 04, 2015 9:19 pm

I seem to recall that, in an emergency situation last year, a manager already in the tournament was able to enter an "extra" team simply in order to fill a league for which no replacement could be found. If I recall correctly, JohnG or someone else at SOM was able to set things so that this team did not count extra towards their tourney point total. I could be slightly off, perhaps a replacement manager entered more than one team, but something like that happened. I think the manager was Semper Gumby, or someone else with some sort of military connotation to their screen name. We did have more of a problem with managers dropping out or not meeting deadlines last year than we did this year.

I mention this only as a last resort idea, not as something that should be adopted unless all other possibilities are exhausted. Nor am I offering to do so: I have enough problems keeping up with 4 teams, and it would unfair to everyone else for me to saturate the 90s with another one of my terrible squads. ;)
Next

Return to --- Mystery Tournament