Four Season Commitment

the official tournament of the Mystery Card player sets

Moderators: Juiced JC, jaywalker72, Palmtana

• Author

franky35

Four Season Commitment

PostMon Feb 09, 2015 6:06 am

From the beginning, the Mystery Tournament has been a four season commitment and there were numerous reminders during the sign up period that this Tournament is a 4 season commitment. I bring this up because we have been contacted by one owner that is not doing well and may not participate in the 80s and 90s. Obviously, this poses a serious problem since all the other owners are counting on everyone returning so that the leagues will fill and the tournament continues on schedule. So, please be considerate of the other players and enter teams in all 4 leagues. I don't think that anyone wants to be known as a player that signs up for a tournament and then quits.

Also, it is still too early to give up hopes of making the finals. In last years tournament, I was 118 out of 120 at this point in the tournament. But I kept trying to improve my 60s team and they finished close to .500 and I got the wild card in the 70s in a tie break which led to a championship and had division champs in the 80s and 90s and that was good enough to make the finals.

That said, if you absolutely cannot enter a team in the 80s, please let us know so that we can look for an alternate.

BigAMcInroy

Re: Four Season Commitment

PostMon Feb 09, 2015 2:32 pm

I can give another example of what franky35 is saying. In the last tournament I finished 82-80 in the sixties 77-85 in the seventies (both missed playoffs) then won 80's league and made it to finals in 90's before being eliminated. Had I won the 90's final I would have been in the top 12 even with two bad teams to start. Don't give up!

Return to --- Mystery Tournament