80s Mystery Tournament Date to Remember

the official tournament of the Mystery Card player sets

Moderators: Juiced JC, jaywalker72, Palmtana

• Author

Ducky

Re: 80s Mystery Tournament Date to Remember

PostTue Feb 03, 2015 4:21 pm

80s Mystery Tournament Random Sequence Generator will be run on 2/12. Targeting an opening day of 2/23 with all teams loaded by 2/18. With a bit of a break between the start of the 70s and 80s leagues, I will need all of your support in getting the word out to all the managers when we are ready to begin loading the 80s.

Thank you and thank you to all that have posted kind comments about the organization of this tournament. Could not have done it without Chuck and Frank and also help from some of the other managers in the tournament.

SteadyEddie33

PostThu Feb 12, 2015 1:40 pm

usjgtjrgolf wrote:Agree with Steady. This event and the Barnstormers are well run. The PC...not so much.
l.strether wrote:For the most part, Gbrookes has run the PC tournament pretty well. The Event 5, 2-round draft this year was an unfortunate idea. However, outside of that, he has done a solid job as tourney commissioner for numerous years.

To be clear, I was making a statement in favor of the number generator, not against Geoff. To my knowledge and recollection, randomizing managers for league entry hasn't been done in the PC by anyone. I personally think its more fun than first come, first serve because the first in event 1 tend to be the first in event 2, and so on. Same for late entry folks (like me at times :roll: ).

As for the 2 round draft, it worked fine for my league. I appreciated the attempt to mix things up. I'd prefer to pick a few players as well :mrgreen:

l.strether

PostThu Feb 12, 2015 11:21 pm

I wasn't responding to your post, Eddie. And to be fair to the poster to whom I was responding, this tournament has been run much better than last year's PC tourney.

As to the 2-round draft, it was a disaster. Not only did it cause some of the leagues to take over a month to fill, it made Round 1 unnaturally more important than the others. It was like making the 60's league more important than the rest; nobody would want that. Also, for some reason, Gbrookes took over a month to implement his ruling on the draft, which also caused difficulties. In other seasons, Gbrookes ran the Tourney smoothly; he just didn't do so last year.
Previous

Return to --- Mystery Tournament