Which 1970s League is the toughest?

the official tournament of the Mystery Card player sets

Moderators: Juiced JC, jaywalker72, Palmtana

• Author

Radagast Brown

Which 1970s League is the toughest?

PostSat Jan 17, 2015 4:31 am

Which 1970s League is the toughest? Six looks tough.

Ducky

Re: Which 1970s League is the toughest?

PostSat Jan 17, 2015 10:03 am

Please do not start this again. It was painful enough on the 60s thread.

Thank you.

LMBombers

PostSat Jan 17, 2015 5:30 pm

After careful deliberations I think that league 1 is the toughest with several wily vets in the mix.

SteadyEddie33

PostSat Jan 17, 2015 5:58 pm

Ducky wrote:Please do not start this again. It was painful enough on the 60s thread.

Thank you.

Personally, I think it adds 'flavor' and fun to the tourney to look at what, in effect, are the 'toughest brackets based upon past performance. We are all geeks for sport simulation, why not simulate the sports talk? a couple grumpy competitorshould shouldn't be allowed detract from the fun. Yours included Ducky! :D

chess2899

PostSat Jan 17, 2015 7:57 pm

Oh I know exactly what Ducky is trying to say. I am currently in League 10 but am looking forward to the 70s game.I feel we all need a penicillin shot, or rabies vaccination.

l.strether

PostSat Jan 17, 2015 9:20 pm

chess2899 wrote:Oh I know exactly what Ducky is trying to say. I am currently in League 10 but am looking forward to the 70s game.I feel we all need a penicillin shot, or rabies vaccination.

Yes, Chess,

I need both a penicillin shot and rabies vaccination after dealing with you and your lovely friend Voovits. First you publicly slag my dropping a middle reliever, then admit you were immaturely doing it to provoke me. Then, when I confronted you about it, Voovits made an ugly comment about my mother. Very classy.

I don't know if you can understand, but many of us, including myself, work 50+ hours while raising 2 or more kids. So, I play this game for relaxation, fun, and some old fashioned fair play. I have played the Mystery Leagues since the beginning. i have never seen a manager publicly deride another player's moves in the middle of the season, unless it was trash talk between friends. Your doing so, and doing so to provoke me, was immature and went against good sportsmanship and pleasant play.

If you feel wronged because I correctly called you out on it, I suggest you grow up and learn about sportsmanship and etiquette. You certainly have no call to whine like a victim. The fact I have to say this to someone who calls himself a "chessmaster' is staggering.

chess2899

PostSat Jan 17, 2015 9:44 pm

I didn't "slag" your moves. I always chatter throughout a league. Why do you think my previous comments have anything to do with you? Are you that vain, narcissistic, or paranoid that I am talking about you?

Furthermore, you know NOTHING about me. You don't know about my work, kids, wife or health. Your team is doing well and I congratulate you for your strong efforts. My team, well, being dead last and on life support makes me want to get some medical help.

My suggestion is that you go on with your rat killing and I will go on with mine.

Leave Voovits out of it. You will never meet a finer man than he.

l.strether

PostSat Jan 17, 2015 10:00 pm

Stop the "paranoid" talk and childish personal attacks. I'm the only one with whom you had conflict in the league. So, don't play coy like an adolescent girl. Slagging player moves isn't "chatter;" don't flatter yourself. You did slag my moves by publicly saying I released a player too early. Players are not supposed to make unsolicited criticisms of player moves during a season. You're clearly too dim to see that. I'm doubting your chessmaster status with every post.

And the only vain and narcissistic person is you. You admitted you slagged my move to provoke me. So, you obviously think your need for stupid, distracting antics trumps other players' desire to enjoy their game. That is the height of narcissism and vanity. I don't know anything about you and don't want to. The only person who brought in family was Voovits with his ugly comment about my mother. If you approve of that, my low esteem of you drops further.

I have no idea what you mean about rat killing, but it creeps me out. I suggest you put a little more focus on your team, and a little less focus on slagging other player's moves to antagonize them.

RICHARDGAGNON

PostSat Jan 17, 2015 10:27 pm

don't worry about chess he have a big mouth, he tell to me a long time ago 'the canadian people don't know anything about baseball.

l.strether

PostSat Jan 17, 2015 10:34 pm

Thanks. I'm not surprised at all.
Next

Return to --- Mystery Tournament