Which 1970s League is the toughest?

the official tournament of the Mystery Card player sets

Moderators: Juiced JC, jaywalker72, Palmtana

• Author

dcmt

Re: Which 1970s League is the toughest?

PostSun Jan 18, 2015 9:02 pm

Rigged Splits wrote:You're right, Unbeatable Chessmaster (notice how I bow to your superiority), the 60s is a whole different animal. After the draft there aren't many hitters left other than first basemen and outfield 4s with pus arms. It's tough to hit on a cheap player that's a true bargain. It seems like the best you can hope for is a hitter that's barelt worth his salary.

Getting back to the title of this thread, I think leagues 7, 8, and 9 have good mixes of early leaders and proven vets. Can those early leaders hold on? To me, because of the weaker free agent pool, it's easier to sit on a good start. I've had many a fast starting team in the other decades get left in the dust while other managers improve their teams as the season progresses.

A complaint:

Due to all the fightingI've looked at 60s league 10 and noticed that dcmt has a team named Hooterville Cannonballs. I've trademarked Hooterville and Hootersville and he or she doesn't have my permission to use the name. My Cannonballs are 1 for 1 in winning championships and I feel that this imposter Hooterville team, with its losing record, is hurting my brand. Instead of suing for damages I'm going to have to help dcmt win. I'm sorry if anyone reading this thread thinks this is collusion, but I have to protect my Strat-O-Matic property rights. ;)

Call my attorney...Oliver Wendell Douglas

Rigged Splits

PostSun Jan 18, 2015 9:23 pm

He's a pig lawyer!

pwootten

PostSun Jan 18, 2015 10:13 pm

ROBERTLATORRE wrote:
Radagast Brown wrote:This league looks tough.

League 9
13. sphilipp8
94. pwootten

#13 is a ringer so watch out for him, #94 is a pushover!!! Offer #94 any one that played or lived in KC and he'll give up half his team in the trade ;-) .

Cookie Rojas and Fred Patek are always 1-2 on my draft card!

Radagast Brown

PostSun Jan 18, 2015 11:35 pm

Robert Lattorre wrote :

#13 is a ringer so watch out for him, #94 is a pushover!!! Offer #94 any one that played or lived in KC and he'll give up half his team in the trade ;-) .

I am in sphilipp8's 1960 league, these guys are good! Freddie Patek is the man!
Previous

Return to --- Mystery Tournament