Status of Leagues as of Wednesday Afternoon

the official tournament of the Mystery Card player sets

Moderators: Juiced JC, jaywalker72, Palmtana

• Author

voovits

Re: Status of Leagues as of Monday Afternoon

PostTue Jan 06, 2015 3:35 pm

That's why you are a good person to run this thing Ducky. If it were me, I would be graphically telling people where they could shove their credits if they start complaining at me for anything. You have done a great job throughout this. Everything is organized and things are running as smoothly as possible considering the circumstances.

NYY82602

PostTue Jan 06, 2015 3:36 pm

Ducky wrote: What frustrates me the most is the amount of BS I have received from individuals whining about not being able to be part of the tournament because of the arbitrary cut-off at 11 leagues.

Sorry to be even a small part of the whining. You can count on me being ready to go as an alternate if needed; when would I need my team ready to enter?

djkalle

PostTue Jan 06, 2015 3:47 pm

Alternates - have your team ready on Thursday, exact time to be determined. We are going to make every attempt to get all the leagues rolling at the same time. Thus, there may be some tight deadlines. If you are unable to load your team exactly on time, you must communicate that and exactly when you will enter (and it can't be much past our deadline) so we don't move on to the next alternate. Thanks.

JOEZATKO

PostTue Jan 06, 2015 4:54 pm

voovits wrote:That's why you are a good person to run this thing Ducky. If it were me, I would be graphically telling people where they could shove their credits if they start complaining at me for anything. You have done a great job throughout this. Everything is organized and things are running as smoothly as possible considering the circumstances.

Yes thanks for putting up with everything to do this. I really appreciate it.

Rigged Splits

PostTue Jan 06, 2015 5:31 pm

I want to say I really appreciate the hard work put in by franky, ducky and dj. We could make it easier on them by checking in and communicating but even if we all did so it's an enormous task. The randomizer and attempting to have all the leagues start at the same time does make it much more work but I think it's the correct way to go. I hope it doesn't go unappreciated by Strat-O-Matic. They shouldn't have to do it just for love.

Jimmy_C

PostTue Jan 06, 2015 5:42 pm

Ducky wrote:Randomizer was used last year. It is the most equitable way of assigning leagues. What frustrates me the most is the amount of BS I have received from individuals whining about not being able to be part of the tournament because of the arbitrary cut-off at 11 leagues. I really wanted to quit at 10. Right now we are still 18 short with a deadline fast approaching. We have 12 alternates, not sure how many of the 12 will step when asked. We will never please everyone with how they want the tournament run. I will not lead this tournament again. I have put in 40-50 hours on this around my work and the holidays with no compensation and mostly just grief.

Mike

Probably the reason why this tournament has never been organized by the same person twice. Thanks for doing it Mike.

Ducky

PostTue Jan 06, 2015 6:04 pm

We are now waiting on 15 managers. 12 who have not replied to PM's.

djkalle

PostTue Jan 06, 2015 6:38 pm

Update as of Tuesday evening

League 1 Jimmy C to close.

League 2 sphillip8 to close.

League 3 waiting for gkhd11a and vermin22. Ducky to close.

League 4 Cabobob to close.

League 5 waiting for mboelkens and Burgher. BigAMcInroy to close.

League 6 djkalle to close.

League 7 waiting for roodhome1234, Dbacks and The Germs. Message sent to roodhome 1234. franky35 to close. Dbacks has indicated he will enter by Wednesday.

League 8 waiting for Larkline. Delbird to close. Larkline has posted a message.

League 9 waiting for Dinsdale. LMBombers to close.

League 10 - Voovits to close.

League 11 waiting for Jomboy and tony-georgi. PM sent to tony-georgi. jcheney to close.
Last edited by djkalle on Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

treybeckiii

PostTue Jan 06, 2015 8:06 pm

My team is ready to go if needed as an alternate.

Ducky

PostTue Jan 06, 2015 8:34 pm

treybeckiii wrote:My team is ready to go if needed as an alternate.

Thank you. We are now down to 11 missing managers. My best guess is we will need 3-6 alternates. We have three confirmed alternates right now. Alternates will be asked to fill in order they signed up for the tournament.
PreviousNext

Return to --- Mystery Tournament