• Author

larkline

Re: Status of Leagues as of Monday Afternoon

PostTue Jan 06, 2015 12:39 am

What is password i AM IN LEAGUE 8

djkalle

PostTue Jan 06, 2015 12:54 am

Larkline - check out the 60s mystery tourney league 8 and it has the password in one of the first messages.

Ducky

PostTue Jan 06, 2015 7:04 am

As of Tuesday morning, we are missing 19 managers not including the closers. Of the 19, 12 have not read the messages sent to them, 2 have read the messages, but not replied nor entered their teams and 5 have said they would be in by the deadline.

mastermosser51

PostTue Jan 06, 2015 1:28 pm

SO dumb question.....any reason why we are doing random assignment like this? I thought last year it was run like the other tourneys where the leagues are posted and everyone registered for the tourney gets the password through a normal email, letting us sign up and fill leagues instantly.

I remember last year for the mystery we had at least one or two leagues every round that loaded teams a week late. So I think this random assignment thing is really way more work for yhall and totally frustrating to the other owners just sitting here for days wondering if our league will fill.

Any comments?

franky35

PostTue Jan 06, 2015 1:53 pm

I think that the tournament is set up with random league assignments in order to maximize fairness.

djkalle

PostTue Jan 06, 2015 2:00 pm

The randomizer this year is run exactly like last year. I think for the most part we tried to copy how last year's tourney was run, with the exception of passwords posted publicly rather than by PM. The one suggestion I like for next year is a semi-final round of 36 teams. But it didn't appear anyone was going to step up and lead the tourney so franky and ducky stepped up and I jumped in to help. We welcome any suggestions but as to your specific question on the randomizer, I think this seems like the most fair way to do it and the way we did it the last two tournaments.

Ducky

PostTue Jan 06, 2015 2:48 pm

Randomizer was used last year. It is the most equitable way of assigning leagues. What frustrates me the most is the amount of BS I have received from individuals whining about not being able to be part of the tournament because of the arbitrary cut-off at 11 leagues. I really wanted to quit at 10. Right now we are still 18 short with a deadline fast approaching. We have 12 alternates, not sure how many of the 12 will step when asked. We will never please everyone with how they want the tournament run. I will not lead this tournament again. I have put in 40-50 hours on this around my work and the holidays with no compensation and mostly just grief.

Mike

dcmt

PostTue Jan 06, 2015 3:17 pm

I wonder if most of the missing actually know that they have to be logged on to "see" that they have a message. You can view the message board without being logged on. Even after I log in my browser seems to log me out by the next day or two...and even if you are logged into the current strat league that you are competing in, that doesn't mean you are also logged in to the message boards and can even see if you have a private message waiting.

gbrookes

PostTue Jan 06, 2015 3:27 pm

Ducky wrote:Randomizer was used last year. It is the most equitable way of assigning leagues. What frustrates me the most is the amount of BS I have received from individuals whining about not being able to be part of the tournament because of the arbitrary cut-off at 11 leagues. I really wanted to quit at 10. Right now we are still 18 short with a deadline fast approaching. We have 12 alternates, not sure how many of the 12 will step when asked. We will never please everyone with how they want the tournament run. I will not lead this tournament again. I have put in 40-50 hours on this around my work and the holidays with no compensation and mostly just grief.

Mike

Mike, I really appreciate what you're doing. I know how much work it can be - especially with assigned leagues and start dates. Thanks Mike!

gbrookes

PostTue Jan 06, 2015 3:28 pm

Ducky (MIke), just FYI, Jimmy C is ready to close League 1 - he's waiting for the go ahead.

Geoff
PreviousNext

Return to --- Mystery Tournament