Random League Assignment Process

the official tournament of the Mystery Card player sets

Moderators: Juiced JC, jaywalker72, Palmtana

• Author

Juiced JC

Re: Random League Assignment Process

PostTue Feb 22, 2022 8:17 pm

Thanks for your input on this folks - as I mentioned above, I am not taking any action on requests to change the league assignments. If there is anyone that doesn't like this they can leave the tournament. Having said that, I really hope everyone stays in and plays on. From my perspective, changing what the random league assignments because someone doesn't want to be in 3/4 leagues with someone else is what would be compromising integrity, not fixing it.

No more need to talk about this one - let's load up and get our 90's leagues drafted!

Juiced JC

canauscot

PostTue Feb 22, 2022 9:53 pm

Juiced JC, I know the case is closed for you, but I did want to add my voice to those expressing support for the amazing job you do with this tournament and to pass along my own gratitude for your efforts in running it. Please don't let the frustration of the one or two outweigh the appreciation of the many.
As you outlined, I am one participant who will now have been in 3 leagues with two specific managers (and crafty experienced managers no less) and paired with a couple of other managers twice. Rather than see that as a sign that something is amiss, I see this as the very likely natural variability of such an exercise. Everyone who plays this game should be well aware of outlier results in small samples.

Again many thanks to you Juiced JC

bcaietti

PostTue Feb 22, 2022 11:12 pm

Juiced JC,

I am playing in this tournament for the first time - great tournament. I am categorized as a Prospect - which is what my wife still calls me after 30 years of marriage but that’s another story.

If there is only 1 out of 167 (not counting you), you are doing a heckuva job. Although I’m a newbie, I am flabbergasted at the time and effort you’ve put in to make this event happen.

Thanks for the hard work

Bob

ElmersDudds

PostTue Feb 22, 2022 11:23 pm

Juice doing a great job. I have no reservations about how/what you do. Your track record is 50 times better than HAL. Do need to add another pair... ElmersDudds and Flame041 (70s and 80s). Something to think about with the probability is that with each new group of 12x14 the probability increases. So obviously in 60s there were zero. How many were 70s and then how many in 80s?

Juiced JC

PostTue Feb 22, 2022 11:30 pm

ElmersDudds, there were dozens of pairs that have been together for two leagues, my list were the combinations that have been together for 3 out of 4.
Previous

Return to --- Mystery Tournament