Now this is a race

the official tournament of the Mystery Card player sets

Moderators: Juiced JC, jaywalker72, Palmtana

• Author

The Conndor

Now this is a race

PostThu Mar 30, 2023 11:49 am

In 80s Mystery Tourney League #8, there is currently a 3-way tie for the league’s best record.
Doctor Love (jaywalker72)
Wayne Athletic Club 3 (daveaq31)
and my own Stallworth’s Coke Bottles (The Conndor)
are all tied at 65-49.

They’re also all in the same Central Division. Someone is potentially going to be very unlucky…

bkr1974

Re: Now this is a race

PostFri Mar 31, 2023 12:44 am

very exciting and i love this type of content. it makes me check out the other leagues and that's fun. good luck to all!

jaywalker72

PostFri Apr 14, 2023 7:39 pm

Stallworth's Coke Bottles (The Conndor) pulled off a sweep of the first place Wayne Athletic Club (daveaq31) to pull within two of the WC, currently held by Doctor Love (jaywalker72), who is two games behind Wayne Athletic Club.

Coming down to the last night in this race:

Right now the standings are:

East:
E Street Shufflers (TallEd): 92 wins
Chicago Mobsters (RobberBarons): 82 wins (eliminated with Doctor Love's 86th and 87th wins last night)

Central:
Wayne Athletic Club (daveaq31): 89 wins
Doctor Love (jaywalker72): 87 wins
Stallworth's Coke Bottles (The Conndor): 85 wins

West:
Another One Bites the Dust (Rube): 85 wins
Elsah Panthers (jsplatt): 83 wins

Doctor Love hosts the Wayne Athletic Club and Another One Bites the Dust hosts the Panthers.

E-Street and WAC are in the playoffs. The West cannot represent the Wild Card because Doctor Love already has 87 wins and the most the second place team in the West can have is 85 wins. So the Panthers need to sweep to make the playoffs.

The Coke Bottles and Doctor Love tied the season series, leaving the Coke Bottles with a sizeable 18 run differential lead over Doctor Love, meaning Doctor Love will need a combination of (2) own wins/Coke Bottle losses to clinch at least a WC. If not, the Coke Bottles are the WC. If Doctor Love somehow sweeps WAC, they win the division and WAC is the WC.

jaywalker72

PostFri Apr 14, 2023 11:59 pm

Doctor Love won one game, and the Coke Bottles didn't lose. They are in, I am out. Grats to them. Amazing finish - six straight wins from the Coke Bottles to make it in on a tie-breaker. Truly clutch!

Return to --- Mystery Tournament