HAL pinch hitting with wost hitter

Discuss different strategies for any of our player sets

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

campy68

HAL pinch hitting with wost hitter

PostSat Sep 16, 2023 1:50 pm

Quilici is always selected to pinch hit even though he is my worst hitter and worst pinch hitter. I have other designated to PH but Quilici is selected. On hitter prefs I have him avoiding both right and left handed pitchers. What can I do? I need him for defense.

padrenurgle1

Re: HAL pinch hitting with wost hitter

PostThu Feb 15, 2024 12:09 pm

In "Hitter Preferences:"

1. In "Hitter Preferences" you can only avoid either LHP or RHP. Took me a long time to learn this. Set him to avoid his worst side only.

2. More importantly, see if he's consistently pinch hitting for the same guy. He probably is, because they share a position and the starter is either checked "Rem. 4 def sub" and thinks you want Quilici in for defense and decides the way to do that is by pinch hitting position for position. So UNCHECK the starter to be removed. IF you DO want the guy removed because he's a hatchet, make sure you go to "Team Strategy." At the bottom there are 4 slots for defensive subs. Put the guy you DO want coming in for defense (not Quilici) at the position that you want replaced.

2. More importantly, make sure you check "Avoid PH" for Quilici in Hitter Preferences.

I'd put my money on never seeing him PH again.

Return to General Strategy