How to get a weak hitter to be pinch hit for?

Discuss different strategies for any of our player sets

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

shoop

How to get a weak hitter to be pinch hit for?

PostSun Nov 27, 2022 8:17 pm

NOTE,,,This already has been posted to the mystery game board here.

My starting SS is in the lineup only for his glove, as he is a 1. We are about 120 games into the season, yet Hal has never pinch hit for him, in any situation. Down one in 9th with 2 outs an no one on, he hasnt brought in a power hitter even thou my SS isnt going to hit on out. If in 9th inning and down one and my SS is to lead off, he wont bring in a pinch hitter with a good on base card, even thou my SS has a below .300 oba. Finally, even if in a clutch situation late in the game, Hal wont pinch hit for him, here even thou I know the card he is using and it goes down in the clutch. The settings for the SS are so that it says for him to avoid both LH and RH pitching. And the don't PH 4 boxes are not check for the SS. Thanks.

andycummings65

Re: How to get a weak hitter to be pinch hit for?

PostTue Dec 13, 2022 2:15 pm

The avoid settings only refer to a hitter entering the game. No effect on a starter.
I just leave Don’t PH for blank, list a preferred PH in the Team Strategy Section, and leave the rest to HAL. That’s about all you can do.
Last edited by andycummings65 on Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nathan14

Re: How to get a weak hitter to be pinch hit for?

PostThu Dec 15, 2022 2:08 am

Main reason of this is Pinch hitters are often used to replace a starting player because of injury or when the pinch hitter is thought to have a better chance of reaching base or helping other runners to score.

Return to General Strategy