Mastering HAL

Discuss different strategies for any of our player sets

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

appb1

Mastering HAL

PostWed Apr 27, 2022 2:22 pm

I have recently had some trouble running the bases after a leadoff double. Team strategy set to conservative. Twice in the last couple of series I have had a lead off double, then thrown out at 3b on the next hitters ground ball.last night down 5-3 bottom of 7th my leadoff hitter doubles, next hitter singles, and with my 3-4-5 hitters due up HAL sends the runner home and is thrown out. In my view neither of these should ever happen. So I feel I now have to set base running to ultra conservative, although I don’t know what that will mean, which brings me to my point.
The setting description for this and some other things is completely unhelpful. Something like- this setting tells HAL how aggressive to be running the bases. Unlike reliever roll descriptions which tells you the exact situations the rolls apply to, this leaves me unable to determine when runners will be sent or held.
My best guess is the setting gives HAL a go or no go based on the d20 chance, but never takes into account the game situation.
Even so it would be nice to list those chances based on the 5 possible settings.

MaxPower

Re: Mastering HAL

PostWed Apr 27, 2022 9:40 pm

Windows has a pretty nice Super HAL baserunning interface where you can specify the run/hold cutoff for lots of different situations, would be really nice to see that added to the online game.

Return to General Strategy