Getting HAL to pinch hit more

Discuss different strategies for any of our player sets

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

appb1

Getting HAL to pinch hit more

PostSun Apr 03, 2022 8:06 pm

New player here.
9 games in and I've had my lousy hitting SS not pinch hit for twice in the bottom of the 9th, with the tying run at 2b.
On the bench are two excellent hitters (40% on base chance) so even though the pitcher is the next batter there is no need to save the pinch hit for him as both the SS and P could be pinch hit for.
Is there a way to force a PH for a hitter in settings?

milleram

Re: Getting HAL to pinch hit more

PostSat Apr 09, 2022 7:52 pm

This is a hard one to answer--the reason no one has replied yet--but I will just go with my general observations over my time playing online.

Usually, Hal will not pinch hit unless the hitter really stinks. That's the best way to put it--under .220 (.200 usually) and low OB PCT also. If the player you want to PH for is N power it is even more unlikely.

There is really no good answer here. Other than the platoon PH, it is difficult to force a PH.

Before the ninth inning PH doesn't seem to even come into AI processing, though in extras it happens a good bit--players that lean way L or R are more likely to be PH for if he is up VS wrong side. Switch hitters are more unlikely to be PH for.

Seems like you are in a noDH league--which also seems to cut down on likelihood of a PH except for the pitcher.

Return to General Strategy