Closer??

Discuss different strategies for any of our player sets

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

Steve565656

Closer??

PostSat Mar 26, 2022 9:04 am

Can anybody help me figure out how to get this game to use my closer? I have it set as it, but game after game it passes on my best pitcher and brings in my worse player? any tips on what might get me some saves Im at a loss, Ive tried different angles, Thanks,,,,

andycummings65

Re: Closer??

PostSat Mar 26, 2022 10:24 am

Steve565656 wrote:Can anybody help me figure out how to get this game to use my closer? I have it set as it, but game after game it passes on my best pitcher and brings in my worse player? any tips on what might get me some saves Im at a loss, Ive tried different angles, Thanks,,,,

Got a link for your team?

Are you wanting your Closer to PITCH more innings, or be used in Closer situations only?

Steve565656

PostSat Mar 26, 2022 10:33 am

andycummings65 wrote:
Steve565656 wrote:Can anybody help me figure out how to get this game to use my closer? I have it set as it, but game after game it passes on my best pitcher and brings in my worse player? any tips on what might get me some saves Im at a loss, Ive tried different angles, Thanks,,,,

Got a link for your team?

Are you wanting your Closer to PITCH more innings, or be used in Closer situations only?

either or, have it set to 2-3 innings and closer, tried setup man and closer, tied late, closer, closer, ect, it has been 10 games zero innings? Im not sure how to send a link? its a auto league 458763,

andycummings65

PostSat Mar 26, 2022 7:21 pm

If you want to save your closer for ONLY for Save Situations. Set him as Closer and on Team Strategy mark Closer as Maximize.

If you want you best RP to pitch more innings, I mark him as Middle Man and Setup if I have an average, normal starting staff.
If I have a really good starting staff, probably set him to Setup and Closer.

Steve565656

PostSun Mar 27, 2022 12:57 am

andycummings65 wrote:If you want to save your closer for ONLY for Save Situations. Set him as Closer and on Team Strategy mark Closer as Maximize.

If you want you best RP to pitch more innings, I mark him as Middle Man and Setup if I have an average, normal starting staff.
If I have a really good starting staff, probably set him to Setup and Closer.

thanks, one thing I do wish there was a chat for the whole league to share, right now winding down having a great playoff race in 1 division where 1 team was running away and now all 4 teams are neck and neck, reminds me of the 69 Cubs and Mets...just some interaction would be fun

Return to General Strategy