How much do injuries effect price

Discuss different strategies for any of our player sets

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

seermagic

How much do injuries effect price

PostWed Mar 23, 2022 7:56 am

Sort of an odd question. My friends and I use money on here to also make custom teams in real life. Does anyone know how much money changes if they are injury prone? For example, how much would Kyle Lewis be if he got hurt on a 2 instead of a 6. Anyone have any idea? Or is it like pitchers where the price doesn't really seem to be effected by injuries?

Thanks for any help!

milleram

Re: How much do injuries effect price

PostWed Mar 23, 2022 7:25 pm

it seems to me, the last three or four seasons anyway, they have been priced up slightly more than they were in the 2012-2017/18 seasons---but they are still viable.

There are older threads in strategy section about games missed due to injury. Essentially a 6 injury guy can generally get in 105 to 2/3 of a season--5 around 113-115 games, 4-123, 3-131, 2-140, 1-149 on average--Mileage may vary!!!

It is based on an average injury of 4 games--and if you get 15 game injuries three times in a row it will be above average.

If they are hurt, they can't get hurt while they are not playing--so it actually tends to push the games played up a wee bit more than expected---in a full season a 1 injury guy will hit that roll about 3 times on average (in 648PA) so you might think a 6 injury would hit his injury roll 18 times, but he won't get enough AB to hit it 18 times.

as for how much it effects price--try to find a player with very similar OPS that is a 1 injury and near the same fielding rating.

Two high injury catchers are always viable as when one is hurt the other is injury proof--also all players are injury proof if you are down to 9 active players (8 on a noDH team) so a sqaud full of high injury players means you will have a lot of injuries, but will always have 9 available--the biggest issue with a hospital squad is usually fielding up the middle--but you can go with a 0 injury (or a bold green 1) at maybe SS or 2B and not have to worry about backups at one spot.

seermagic

PostThu Mar 24, 2022 9:39 am

Thanks for the detailed response and taking the time.

milleram

PostThu Mar 24, 2022 5:17 pm

This is one of my high injury teams from 2015 set where most were high injury guys. It may give an idea of what you can do, how many AB you can expect and so-on.

https://365.strat-o-matic.com/team/1443762

I haven't played a lot of injury teams in last few seasons, but this 2021 set seems to be a prime season to try one---typically go with 13 hitters (so only 4 can get hurt at one time) and to me the object is to get bargain hitters and better pitching than the norm--try to get good hitters for at least 12 of the 13 and a few guys that play a lot of spots

Return to General Strategy