Not designating a closer

Discuss different strategies for any of our player sets

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

elpasopesos

Not designating a closer

PostWed Dec 29, 2021 7:44 pm

I don't want to designate a closer. What will Hall do? Should I set the closer setting to regular or max?

kytomk

Re: Not designating a closer

PostSun Jan 02, 2022 6:59 pm

One thing I've learned in my short time playing Strat 365, the more you define the roles in pitcher preferences, the less you will have surprises from Hal in the actual games. I don't know your specific bullpen arms but maybe name two closers and rank them and then name the same two guys as setup and rank them opposite. Good luck.

elpasopesos

PostSun Jan 02, 2022 8:22 pm

kytomk wrote:One thing I've learned in my short time playing Strat 365, the more you define the roles in pitcher preferences, the less you will have surprises from Hal in the actual games. I don't know your specific bullpen arms but maybe name two closers and rank them and then name the same two guys as setup and rank them opposite. Good luck.

Great advice!

milleram

PostMon Jan 03, 2022 12:29 am

Set it to regular, I would set the mid, and setup with your best pitchers---Before the pitching rule changes, I liked to do just that--but now you can't keep SP in the game long enough in 20XX.

elpasopesos

PostWed Jan 05, 2022 12:19 am

milleram wrote:Set it to regular, I would set the mid, and setup with your best pitchers---Before the pitching rule changes, I liked to do just that--but now you can't keep SP in the game long enough in 20XX.
Thanks, I will try it.

Return to General Strategy