Pitcher Hitting Cards

Discuss different strategies for any of our player sets

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

Sknsfan

Pitcher Hitting Cards

PostMon Dec 20, 2021 7:40 pm

I recently actually took the time to look over the hitters cards on the Strat Wiki.

Never had done that before.

Just looking at the cards, I was wondering how people felt about the following and which would you prefer to go with:

a 5N looks to be a solid card - obviously no power coming off your card (I guess a 5N could hit a dinger off a pitchers card) or a 7W I'm not sure this a better card if you can't take advantage of the HR results, though still not a bad card.
- secondary question - what happens if a W hitter gets a HR result?

6N's seem like waste to me (I didn't see any 6W pitchers, but that makes sense since, if I remember correctly it was like two tiny HR chances, a SI and a walk) they have almost fewer chances to get on base than a 2 or a 3, just the chance of popping it out.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

coyote303

Re: Pitcher Hitting Cards

PostTue Dec 21, 2021 1:54 am

[deleted this part of my post; I was wrong!]

Originally there were only four pitcher's hitting cards. Four was similar to today's four except it had a bit of homerun chance on it--the only one of the four cards that did.

EDIT: After reading Austin's post below, I realize I may be wrong. Are there any W-rated pitchers with pitcher's hitting cards that have homeruns?
Last edited by coyote303 on Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

MaxPower

PostTue Dec 21, 2021 2:32 am

Not only is 5N better than 7W, 5W is better than 7W. 5 has 190 points of OPS advantage over 7. The cards aren't ordered strictly in terms of quality. By OPS, highest to lowest, they go 8 5 7 4 6 3 2 1

Secondary answer: a W hitter who rolls a home run on his own card hits a home run. If he rolls a home run off the pitcher's card, it's a SI**

MaxPower

PostThu Dec 23, 2021 7:03 am

coyote303 wrote:Are there any W-rated pitchers with pitcher's hitting cards that have homeruns?

I count ten of them in ATG9. Silver King for example.

Return to General Strategy