Question on the All Era League and strategy....

Discuss different strategies for any of our player sets

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

bh327

Question on the All Era League and strategy....

PostSat Sep 04, 2021 11:16 pm

I am a rookie per say when it comes to Stat baseball online. Board game player for over 50 years. I have only played the 365 a few times. All good. I am in the "All era league" and its ready to start when it gets filled up. I wanted to get a some opinions on how to pick a competitive team. The team I will go with.....

Above average starting pitching
Below average relief
Above average offence with above average power
Below average bench.

Out of the 5 starters, 3 of the 5 can go 7-9 innings.
Two can go 6 innings. R6's
All 5 are over average pitchers.

I have 5 relief pitchers that are horses and all are R5, R3's and R2"s. Most have pitched 100 to 150 innings in relief in real life.

My question is....

Will Hal remove my starters early if these relief pitchers have so many innings in real life to make it a more realistic stat lets say? Most of the relievers ar below average so its a concern. I know I can check the box to keep the starters in longer then there rating says on there card.....but is that a good thing to do also? Is there the tired mood in the online games for pitchers going beyond there point or inning rating?

I just don't want the starters coming out early, because all my relievers threw heavy innings in real life What is the general strategy. Suggestions welcomed. Will HAL let that happen?

Thanks, Big Bruce.

J-Pav

Re: Question on the All Era League and strategy....

PostSun Sep 05, 2021 11:28 am

Bruce,

Post a link to your team: go to the Your Team page, copy the link and paste it into your post. The salary cap of your league and the ballparks involved will direct a lot of the input.

No decisions by HAL have anything to do with replicating real life stats. Four stud starters (SP*) set to F0 is a common pitching strategy in ATG. Bullpen can be sub $4. Having said that, if it’s a non DH league, some managers will recommend having a deeper pen (because pitchers will be pulled for pinch hitters more often).

Posting a link to your team will be the best thing in encouraging more suggestions.

bh327

Re: Question on the All Era League and strategy....

PostMon Sep 06, 2021 9:22 pm

Thanks J Pav. Appreciate the info

Return to General Strategy