need advice on Windows Version

Discuss different strategies for any of our player sets

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

Danchiacchia

need advice on Windows Version

PostThu Jul 01, 2021 12:12 pm

Hi

I have been playing 365 for the past year, and decided to try to windows/digital version to play a whole season. I ordered, but not sure what happens from here? Do I get an email from Strat to start playing? Not sure exactly how this works.

coyote303

Re: need advice on Windows Version

PostFri Jul 02, 2021 2:02 pm

You should be able to download the Windows version of the game as soon as you buy it. They should email you an activation code. If you pay extra, they will also send you a CD through the mail.

Disclaimer: It's been years since I purchased the digital game, so someone please speak up if things have changed!

Just make sure you download it to the computer you will be playing it on. SOM's copy protection is draconian, and it only let's you play on one computer. (It's possible to switch computers, but it is a royal pain to do so.)

Danchiacchia

PostFri Jul 02, 2021 2:13 pm

Thank you!

I ordered a specific season, but do I also have to order the general windows game first? That part is not super clear to me, but I wonder if that is the issue.

coyote303

PostSat Jul 03, 2021 3:25 pm

Whey you order a team, you just get an activation code (no cards). If they haven't sent it to you yet and you don't get it when you order the game, you might need to remind them you ordered it previously.

You can order the cards for a specific season, but they would cost extra.

Return to General Strategy