question on defensive replacements

Discuss different strategies for any of our player sets

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

Danchiacchia

question on defensive replacements

PostMon Mar 08, 2021 1:50 pm

Hi

If want to bring in defensive replacements, and one of them involves moving a player to a different spot on the diamond, how would I do this?

The example:

Against lefties, I have Dave Chalk at SS or 2b, and Bill Stein at 3B. I would be bringing in Bucky Dent to play SS in late innings, and would want to move Chalk to 3b. What order would I list the moves in on team strategy page?

andycummings65

Re: question on defensive replacements

PostMon Mar 08, 2021 2:05 pm

Danchiacchia wrote:Hi

If want to bring in defensive replacements, and one of them involves moving a player to a different spot on the diamond, how would I do this?

The example:

Against lefties, I have Dave Chalk at SS or 2b, and Bill Stein at 3B. I would be bringing in Bucky Dent to play SS in late innings, and would want to move Chalk to 3b. What order would I list the moves in on team strategy page?

In slot 1, list Dent at SS
In slot 2, list Chalk at 3b

For some reason, switches like this only work with slots 1 & 2 or 3 & 4. Cant do 2 & 3, for example.

Danchiacchia

PostMon Mar 08, 2021 2:34 pm

Awesome--thank you!

coyote303

PostMon Mar 08, 2021 2:45 pm

I learned something from andy's post above; I had no idea that this would work or that 1&2 and 3&4 were paired.

Another thing to try if the substitutions aren't happening frequently enough for you (as is often the case when using the team strategy defensive replacement settings) is this. On the hitter preferences page, check the Rem. 4 def sub box for Stein. HAL just might do what you want; he actually often does a great job with switches like this. Furthermore, if he does the switch you're looking for, it will be done more consistently when your team has the lead in late innings.

However, as noted in another thread, using the Rem. 4 def sub box on the hitter preferences page comes with a risk. HAL will sub for Stein even if (due to bench players being already used) his substitution is worse.

Danchiacchia

PostSat Mar 13, 2021 11:47 pm

coyote303 wrote:I learned something from andy's post above; I had no idea that this would work or that 1&2 and 3&4 were paired.

Another thing to try if the substitutions aren't happening frequently enough for you (as is often the case when using the team strategy defensive replacement settings) is this. On the hitter preferences page, check the Rem. 4 def sub box for Stein. HAL just might do what you want; he actually often does a great job with switches like this. Furthermore, if he does the switch you're looking for, it will be done more consistently when your team has the lead in late innings.

However, as noted in another thread, using the Rem. 4 def sub box on the hitter preferences page comes with a risk. HAL will sub for Stein even if (due to bench players being already used) his substitution is worse.

Thanks for this as well-will definitely try this.

CrazyGhost

PostWed Jun 16, 2021 4:19 am

coyote303 wrote:I learned something from andy's post above; I had no idea that this would work or that 1&2 and 3&4 were paired.

Another thing to try if the substitutions aren't happening frequently enough for you (as is often the case when using the team strategy defensive replacement settings) is this. On the hitter preferences page, check the Rem. 4 def sub box for Stein. HAL just might do what you want; he actually often does a great job with switches like this. Furthermore, if he does the switch you're looking for, it will be done more consistently when your team has the lead in late innings. Upsers.com

Very important tips you share with us keep sharing more. Thank you.

Return to General Strategy