Pinch running

Discuss different strategies for any of our player sets

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

Valen

Pinch running

PostFri Jan 29, 2021 2:51 pm

I got a team with Brock set as pinch runner. I have Pennington as bench/utility player. Was hoping Brock would be used a lot as pinch runner with Pennington playing the role of taking the place of the replaced batter at the fielding position.

But it has taken 67 games for Brock to finally be used as a pinch runner. He stole third. This is a 200 mil league but still if HAL is never going to actually employ my pinch runner that is a wasted 1.75 mil. And Pennington's 6.22 mil may also be a wasted expense. Combined that is 7.97 mil that might have been used elsewhere.

Though part of having Brock on team is I was always a huge Lou Brock fan and there is satisfaction from just having him on my roster. But would like to get HAL to use this weapon.

andycummings65

Re: Pinch running

PostFri Jan 29, 2021 3:20 pm

I'm not a big user of pinch runners. I assume you have all the players you would like him to pinch run for marked as such on the Hitter Prefs page, so I cant figure out why he hasn't been used.

Not to highjack your thread, Valen, but if you like Brock, check out a couple of his other cards not yet in the set.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=645521&hilit=lou+brock&view=viewpoll

Return to General Strategy