Season Replay Stats Accuracy

Discuss different strategies for any of our player sets

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

bighouse44

Season Replay Stats Accuracy

PostFri Jan 01, 2021 11:26 am

I'm starting a 1973 BB season replay with the PC game. I ran a few sims through the entire season. Most of the stats are accurate or as close as they can be. Some more ABs, More HRs and less of different stats. What I noticed is the saves for closers is extremely low. I understand that the 73 season wasn't a big relief matchup game like todays baseball but the numbers aren't close. Is this a setting I'm using? I like to get them as close as possible for the accuracy of the replay. What are the general settings for a replay like this that I'm attempting to keep the stats balance and such? Please help if possible.

bighouse44

Re: Season Replay Stats Accuracy

PostFri Jan 01, 2021 7:14 pm

Looking for suggestions on overall settings if possible. Any help would be appreciated.

coyote303

PostSat Jan 02, 2021 6:35 pm

Under Options and Lineups and Usage (after you have your league selected), there is an option to "Use 'Super HAL' Bullpen."

However, there is no explanation what this does or if it's something you can adjust. Worse, the in-game Help file doesn't work with Windows 10. I haven't used my Windows version of SOM much, partly because it's so un-user-friendly. (The Quick Start Guide is 20 pages long!) Perhaps if you sign up for their regular online forum, which covers the cards & dice and Windows versions of the game, you'll find someone who can answer your question.

https://www.strat-o-matic.com/links/str ... fan-forum/

You'll need to set up a separate login to use this forum.

Acevedo648

PostTue Mar 16, 2021 7:55 am

Strat has been around so long that the final stats of a season replay usually come out pretty close.

TelltheBell
Last edited by Acevedo648 on Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

ScumbyJr

PostWed Mar 17, 2021 9:46 am

bighouse44 wrote:I'm starting a 1973 BB season replay with the PC game. I ran a few sims through the entire season. Most of the stats are accurate or as close as they can be. Some more ABs, More HRs and less of different stats. What I noticed is the saves for closers is extremely low. I understand that the 73 season wasn't a big relief matchup game like todays baseball but the numbers aren't close. Is this a setting I'm using? I like to get them as close as possible for the accuracy of the replay. What are the general settings for a replay like this that I'm attempting to keep the stats balance and such? Please help if possible.

Saves is a situational stat so it is not going to be simulated accurately.

Return to General Strategy