No SS on Roster

Discuss different strategies for any of our player sets

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

mburatti76

No SS on Roster

PostThu Oct 22, 2020 5:18 pm

I currently do not have a SS on my roster. I do have 2 quality defensive second basemen, Roberto Alomar 1e5, and Eddie Collins 1e11. It's a high cap league, so you can imagine that the SS's available in the pool are trash.

If I have no SS's on my roster, I assume HAL will move either Alomar or Collins to SS. Does anyone know what their defensive rating would be?

I thought I read on a post one time that HAL would move another middle infielder into the open spot, but their range would drop by one rating point. So Alomar at 2e5, Collins 2e11. To me, that doesn't seem so bad. I'm probably wrong about this though, it seems like a rather low penalty for neglecting to have a SS on my roster.

My best alternative is theoretically Luke Appling at 2e34, nice on base card but the high error guys really seem to be a detriment in high cap leagues.

Terry101

Re: No SS on Roster

PostTue Oct 27, 2020 1:44 pm

I believe this is the super advanced rule in Strat- board game ( I assume it is the same for the online version) For infielders who are playing a position that is not on their cards, they will be assigned the worst (5) rating with the highest error rating at that position. So, 5e41 for example.

The rule you talked about is for outfielders. If they move to another outfield position (that is not listed on their card) they move down one rating, but the error rating and arm stay the same.

Unless the online game has different rules??

Return to General Strategy