Where do I find " clutch ratings " ?

Discuss different strategies for any of our player sets

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

spellbd@yahoo.com

Where do I find " clutch ratings " ?

PostSun Sep 13, 2020 3:51 pm

I see talk on the forum that this guy has a great clutch rating and this one has a bad clutch rating. Where do you find these ratings? I know in the team sim stats misc. page is where I can see how many clutch hits a batter has got, but where are these ratings located? Thanks.

andycummings65

Re: Where do I find " clutch ratings " ?

PostSun Sep 13, 2020 4:11 pm

When reading a card, look for the $ symbol.

A player with positive clutch would have the $ symbol followed by some form of out on the card. This means, with two outs, the $ turns the out into a hit.

Works just opposite for a negative clutch player. The $ is in front of a hit, but with 2 outs, the hit turns into an out.

spellbd@yahoo.com

PostMon Sep 14, 2020 7:09 am

Thanks for that. But I am puzzled by this. Being a lifelong Red Sox fan, the greatest clutch hitter I ever watched was David Ortiz. He has only $ that turn into outs, no outs that turn into $. I also looked at the top money hitters on here and they are just like Bid Papi, what gives?

andycummings65

PostMon Sep 14, 2020 9:49 am

"Clutch" is not really the same in Strat as it is in "real" baseball.

You understand that Strat's goal in creating the cards is to reproduce each MLB season as closely as it can.
If I understand correctly, Strat uses the Clutch feature to enhance some hitters who need to produce a little more RBI than their card allows. Oftentimes, but not always, a clutch hitter is a non-power hitter who drove in a lot of runs in real life, but, because of less power numbers on their card, may not reach the proper RBI total off the card results alone.

spellbd@yahoo.com

PostMon Sep 14, 2020 2:04 pm

Now that makes sense. Thanks Andy.

Return to General Strategy