Pitcher OAVG

Discuss different strategies for any of our player sets

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

buffalo1974

Pitcher OAVG

PostSun Sep 06, 2020 9:27 am

How is the OAVG for pitchers calculated in the "Sim L/R splits" tab? The percentage shown is less than I would have calculated. Also what does BFP stand for on the same screen. I assumed it was total batters faced.

Palmtana

Re: Pitcher OAVG

PostMon Sep 07, 2020 11:20 pm

Google says BFP stands for Batters Facing Pitchers. The number of batters who made a plate appearance before the pitcher in a game or in a season.

Mumford

PostTue Sep 08, 2020 3:40 am

Palmtana wrote:Google says BFP stands for Batters Facing Pitchers. The number of batters who made a plate appearance before the pitcher in a game or in a season.

A worthless stat. SOM should replace it with WHIP

captnjeter

PostTue Sep 08, 2020 5:24 pm

It's really odd that SOM doesn't list At-Bats in splits, and only shows Batters Faced. Basically, there's no way for you to calculate it given what SOM lists on the lefty/righty splits page since to get to H / AB, you'd need to subtract walks, HBP, and sac fly/bunt from Batters Faced, or an easier to read formula would be: H / BFP - (BB + HBP + SF + SH). As far as I know, there's no way to see how many HBPs or sac flys/bunts a pitcher has allowed, let alone the platoon splits for them.

Return to General Strategy